Minelab Equinox
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro-Pointer
White's Surfmaster Pro PI
Tesoro Cibola
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still relatively new to relic hunting and I own an AT Pro and a Ace 350. (I primarily beach hunt) My detecting club had a seeded hunt with prizes last weekend and I ended up finding the key-date coin, so I won another Ace 350. Right now I just let friends use the Ace 350 I already own, if they want to come down to the beach with me to detect. Another club member offered me a one month old Whites Treasure Pro for the Ace 350 that I just won and he said it'll do better at the beach than my AT Pro. I've found 51 rings, 4 gold chains, $880 in change, 121 earrings, 2 watches....ect on Folly Beach, SC this year using my AT Pro. Does anyone know from experience if the Treasure Pro is better at beach detecting than the AT Pro or if they would make this trade. The new Ace 350 is brand new in the box and not really doing anything for me right now, whereas I think it might be cool to learn a different operating system from another detector manufacturer.
Thanks in advance.
Chris

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly it sounds like you are getting along well with what you have now. I personally have never used any of the above machines so I can't speak to what's "better". If you just want to try a new toy, go for it.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A new Ace 350 sells for $300 on eBay, while the Treasure Pro sells for $360 new on eBay. Sounds like a good deal for you, if the White's was only used for a month.

I don't think the Treasure pro is waterproof, so that would limit your beach detecting. But I think I would take the deal, since no one needs two of the same detector!

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The man with the most toys at the end wins! Just kidding, but why not try something new at no cost to you?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions