M

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030 & Stealth 920i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im just curious to see how many coins I can get, so let the HOARDING begin ! lol

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After its rinsed off all my clad and coins go into a jar. Two or three times a year I haul it all
to a coin counting machine, either Coinstar or my banks machine. It then goes into my stash of extra cash for detecting gear, trips or small indulgences

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Give it all to charity. I like finding clad because i know it will go to some good cause.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is in a jar for no good reason at all except I found it.

OP
OP
M

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I also do a spreadsheet of my weekly clad coins before I toss them in the chest, that way I know how many of each and overall $$ is in there without guessing!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also do a spreadsheet of my weekly clad coins before I toss them in the chest, that way I know how many of each and overall $$ is in there without guessing!

Very OCD, but I like it!

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's my 1st year mding. Just cleaned the first $125 of the clad, turned it into folding money and headed to the PAN show in Pittsburgh.

PAN 1016.jpg

Since I am a collector, I used the money to purchase some coins to complete, add to and upgrade coins in several of my Dansco albums.

Finished: Washington Parks, Sacajaweas, Presidents. (all ChBU)
Additions: 1934 D (F) and 1945 D (MS60) Mercs, 1926 D and 1928 S Peace dollars (both XF).
Upgrades: 1919 (UNC) and 1931 D (MS60) Wheats...............

Also acquired a 10x lighted magnifier, a currency sleeve and a wealth of knowledge from my first large coin show and the all the dealer/vendors who were very helpful.

You could say that this is all being done for my grand kids. Even though I put collections together for each of them, they will eventually be the stewards of whatever I am fortunate enough to collect......a legacy of sorts.........
"The most foolish man is one who goes to the afterlife with pride of ownership" - Unknown

Last edited:

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I check the dates, first, then clean & tumble if they need it. Quarters go in grandsons piggy banks, the rest is spent at stores, etc.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm going to do the same....where did you get that? I've been lookinng

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to spend it dirty at the store and watch the cashiers investigate it

OP
OP
M

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm going to do the same....where did you get that? I've been lookinng

Hey Dave, I bought the chest from a woodworker in another state here in Mexico that he makes them on order via mercadolibre, its like Latin American ebay of some sort you could say, but before purchasing it I was looking for several options and was considering some others like the ones here Treasure Boxes :::
There are some nice ones there too ! Just decided to buy local :) The one I got is 10.2" tall, 8.66" width and 14.17" long with 2cm thick walls (0.787") and now that I got it I feel the size is nice, but a step bigger wouldnt hurt me IMO, just be sure the walls and base are sturdy because it will be holding a lot of weight!

GL & HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MexGT

Sep 23, 2013
México
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Keep the stories coming ! GL & HH !

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I personally save all of the clad that I have found (even though it has only been about 2 months) and keep a running total of them. It is on my Tnet account if anyone wants to check it out up to $5.94 already. I plan on cashing it into a hobby savings account sometime when it reaches about $100.
:occasion14: Cheers

HH

Hockey_Detectorist

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roll it and put it in the bank even the nasty zinc pennies.

Metal Headz

Sep 18, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spend it as I get it but I accumulate and roll the pennies. Generally I buy coffee with my clad. Foreign coins I give to my gf and Canadian change I'm saving for my next trip north of the border.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread