disc. smashed beer cans?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are correct, of course.

I don't have beaches to detect, and gold dubloons are few and far between in the Appalachians, but even so I seldom use a probe. I'd rather spend a little time with relatively careful digging (that occasionally all add up to a lot of time by the end of the day) than scratch the one Merc dime out of the dozens of clad Roosevelts I may turn up.

But in a riverfront park where cans get tossed and burried with great frequency . . .

OP
OP
bucketofguts

bucketofguts

Jul 2, 2007
N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer
i will take part of that! the avatar part! post not long ago put some marks ao a ? $10.00 gold piece under a root! dig carefully and probe softly! imho! ie. couple finds presentation gold coin on beach. sold to a wealthy fellow for $60,000 usd i think! be careful when you dig!

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
Well, look on the bright side: Collect enough aluminum cans and you can sell them for recycling. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions