foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many of you have been following my hunts at the lot where an old house was torn down and I have found the Silver Dollars and other great finds. It has been the most exciting hunting time of my life. I have included a picture of some of the best of the coins I have found. I did not include the hundreds of common coins that I have found there.

As they say, all good things must come to an end. While hunting there, I got a toe infection. The fact that I have diabetes, added to the situation. Last Thursday I went to a Podiatrist and the news was not good. I had to be admitted to the hospital that day and they had to amputate one of my toes. So, it will be a little while before I can get back to detecting. The prognosis is good and I am not in any pain. Can't wait till I can get back to "swinging".
smilegrin.gif

Thanks for all the positive comments on my hunts and can't wait to be able to post some of my next finds. Till then, Happy Hunting !!!!
yes.gif

Attachments

• Silver Dollar Lot.jpg
    Silver Dollar Lot.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 65

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your toe, ForeverRich. I am also diabetic and know how easily blisters and small cuts can turn into big deals. Wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can get back to that great site.

OP
OP
foreverRich

foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your toe, ForeverRich. I am also diabetic and know how easily blisters and small cuts can turn into big deals. Wishing you a speedy recovery so that you can get back to that great site.

One of the main reasons for my post was to get others with diabetes to check their feet after EVERY hunt and if anything doesn't look right, get it checked out. I went from having the best finds in years to loosing a toe in two weeks. Thank God it was only ONE toe. It could have been much worse. I hope to be back hunting before long. Till then, Happy Hunting !!!

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Hope you are up and about quickly. And yep folks with the big D need to be aware. My wife's Grandmother had it, had a toe get infected and turn gangrene.
She lost a toe, then the foot, and her leg. She passed away soon after the last operation.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been fun following your epic hunt Hollis!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread