Samurai swords

horse1

Nov 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi to everyone, in 1982 I had a trading boat trading around the bottom of Papua new guinea in my travels I meet the captain of a catholic mission boat and we became friends.
in 1989 I was employed by a mission station in west new Britain, and the same captain arrived in the mission boat, we rekindled our friend ship, as he was getting old he told me a story, in 1945 he was in the Australian army marine section stationed on Bougainville, and he was in charge o dumping unwanted gear , including 150 Samurai swords, he drew me a map which I want to sell, the swords were treated with respect at the time, 2 of the swords were from very high ranking officers, they are in 30 meters of water, I myself being an adventurer, wanted to go and have a look, but age is stoping that, I have written to the Japanese embassy in port Moresby, they show no interest, if someone out there is contact me [email protected]

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
In the age magnet fishing, I call BS and say this is just SPAM

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having a hard time with this, not trying to say you weren't told that story, just that the guy you heard it from may have been mistaken.... My buddy's grandfather was part of a US Marine detachment tasked with getting rid of captured weapons in Japan after the surrender.... He told us how they dumped thousands of guns in the ocean, (I think a lot are in Tokyo Bay) but he had several swords that he brought back... Swords were the souvenir everyone wanted, and I can't imagine the guys back then would have let them get dumped....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread