Move Over Man!!!!

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I found a lot were there used to be an old house!! found the owner!! she said that, i could hunt on it..

As soon as i show up, the guy next door comes over.Well he tells me his whole life story.about how he married twice etc etc etc ..the problem is he stood right in front of me, for ill bet 2 hrs.instead of making a half circle swing with md. kept having to change direction..Dont get me wrong i like to chat with people ..but come on

Has this ever happined to anyone? what do you do in this case?Is there a better way of saying your in my way ?Dont get me wrong i listened to his problems.sounds like he was, a lonly man.But dang!!!

But i was in the right spot at the right time!!! guy pulled over ,and said what are you looking for..I told him history {old coins} civil war relics etc etc.. ''He replied i have 50 acres you could hunt!! I asked him how old his place was he said over 100 yrs old!!He even said that he knows an area that has said to have burried civil war gold coins,that noone has ever found!! get''rrr swingin............................

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Urban Prospector said:
So did you intive your new freind ?
LOL
CoinShooter I know what you mean about inquiring people but I don't have a solution either without being out and out rude to someone. I try to treat people as I would like them to treat me so being rude doesn't come easy. I guess we will just have to listen until they quit talking.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
I had this happen to me once when I was on the beach. Guy got right in front of me and started chatting... I couldn't even get a word in edgewise... and he parked himself right in front of me.

Finally, after about 5 mins of trying to interrupt him with hand signals, I put my detector down, waved both of my hands above my head to get his attention. Then signed (sign language) and muttered ""IMMM DEAF. I can't hear you, that's why I wear headphones..." He immediately stopped talking, and apologized... VEEERRRYYY SLLLOOOWWWLLY AND LOUDLY.

It was very hard for me to keep a straight face as I picked up my machine and started again... but my wife and a few friends fell out of their chairs when I told them the story the next day.

I apologize if I offended anyone who is hearing impaired... but it really was funny.

steve

Spidey

Feb 20, 2007
Omaha
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
spez401 said:
I had this happen to me once when I was on the beach. Guy got right in front of me and started chatting... I couldn't even get a word in edgewise... and he parked himself right in front of me.

Finally, after about 5 mins of trying to interrupt him with hand signals, I put my detector down, waved both of my hands above my head to get his attention. Then signed (sign language) and muttered ""IMMM DEAF. I can't hear you, that's why I wear headphones..." He immediately stopped talking, and apologized... VEEERRRYYY SLLLOOOWWWLLY AND LOUDLY.

It was very hard for me to keep a straight face as I picked up my machine and started again... but my wife and a few friends fell out of their chairs when I told them the story the next day.

I apologize if I offended anyone who is hearing impaired... but it really was funny.

steve

My 6 year old daughter's hearing impaired.

And no, I'm not offended. We've often said that it's nice that she sleeps through the worst thunderstorms. :o

But that is why I don't like to have the kids with me unless there's a playground to keep them busy--they stand right in front of me and want to dig. The 6 year old is getting good at spotting coins though.

K

Kentucky Kache

Congrats on the 50 acres. I hope you find the coins.

buckeyehunter

Jan 29, 2005
Lancaster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
e-trac
I once worked with a guy who without trying would offend anyone he talked to, he had no morals and said EVERYTHING he thought but he taught me a valuable lesson, although he would offend everyone and no one would talk to him for long they all went away soon after striking up a conversation and he didnt even use foul language!
now when someone stops me to talk and really get on my nerves or are holding me up I will think about my old co-worker... what would he do! one great one is to talk non stop and not let them interrupt for ANYTHING this is the best one i use mostly, if that doesnt work i will offend them, usually about something they are talking about for example - guy was bugging me once and talking about his dog, i POLITELY explained how much i hate dogs... yeah I know i am sick! ;D

OP
OP
L

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
spez401 said:

steve
That is to funny!! Glad there is someoelse out there ,thats had this problem..I guess some think that im rude..but oh well.prob never had this happin to them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread