South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have some fellow detectorists who would potentially be interested in helping with this. Have you researched prime potential locations and received permission to metal detect? My group is in the south hills.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
May I suggest you become a Charter Member and post your Want in the Classifieds?

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
I

IronPhoenix

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much would it cost to become a charter member?

Yes I would be interested in doing this. I too live in the south hills area.

OP
OP
I

IronPhoenix

Nov 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have a metal detector and know nothing about detecting.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out eBay listings there should be several examples to be found there.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I suggest you become a Charter Member and post your Want in the Classifieds?

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
Might also try putting some ads up on some of the antique sites dealing in tokens etc. Do a search on Etsy. Do you live close to the plant(s)? Check the local antique shops and if there are public bulletin boards put a couple flyers there, you might jog someone's memory about one they got from grandpa.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much would it cost to become a charter member?

Yes I would be interested in doing this. I too live in the south hills area.

I think is $20 or $25 for a year.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
If these are specifically what you are looking for, then you ought to buy them off of Ebay. You will save a ton of time and effort. As you stated "... I know nothing about detecting..." well brother let me tell you, you would have to have a site that had this particular item lost upon it. You can not find what is not there (obviously). So you would need a place to hunt, where these COULD be found. Unless you have this type of spot, you will not find them. I don't mean to seem harsh, just realistic.

We regularly look for targets, that simply are not there, and it is frustrating and fruitless.

Just my opinion sir. Best of luck to you.

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Homestead area of Pittsburgh is part of the city's redevelopment. This was a gigantic steel mill area with tons of history and drama. The entire steel mill site, except for a series of stacks and a pump house has been redeveloped into a destination outdoor retail park. Finding anything at the mill area would be fruitless, but the adjoining neighborhoods are pretty much out of the early 1900's, not that much has changed. Same churches, same bridges, same streets, same mansion buildings, same parks. I've metal detected the parks here a couple times (my son does soccer training nearby), but I would love, love, love an opportunity to dig the churches and big old buildings and homes from the old steel workers and their management. If Iron Phoenix has some ins with a local museum, gov't, grant, etc. this could open the door to some productive hunts. No promising on the brass badges, but I would guarantee some significant historically accurate finds would be uncovered. (Lots of buttons, transit and cash value tokens were found in the adjacent parks)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions