I Posted This In the Metal Detecting Section As Well-UPDATE

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
This morning I headed to a park where I knew there would be a lot of clad finds, only to get there and find some one beat me to it. Seems like they had their detector set to reject pull tabs and nickels. That didn't bother me because I was after the gold rings that might be there. All the signals I got were pull tabs, shredded aluminium, and nickels. I had to empty my pouch once because of all the junkque, but that was OK. I found 18 nickels, a couple ofdollars in clad they missed, and a really nice gold cross that weighs just under an ounce. All I can say is thank you for not wanting to go through the effort of really looking, and being too lazy to dig the lower signals where the valuables hide. At least the park is cleaner and safer then when you left. This was one of my better nickel days, and I left with a smile on my face.

Attachments

• cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 194
  • cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 203

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Re: I Posted This In the Metal Detecting Section As Well

Haha way too go piggman1! Congrats on the gold. Keep digging those pulltabs, I do too. HH,
Donny

T

TreasureTales

Nickels and gold, nickels and gold, they go together like soup and sandwich. Find one, find the other.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

ANYtime you find something gold that weighs almost an ounce you have been more than succesful. Ounces of gold are not easy to come by...at least not very often and without a good dredge!

HH
~Nash~

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Re: I Posted This In the Metal Detecting Section As Well- UPDATE

Here is what you loose if you notch out pull tabs and nickels. Took it to a jeweler this morning and the results were, it came in a few penny weights under an ounce, and tested at 22+K gold. The tester only went to 22K. Sure may dig a lot of extra trash at those lowere freqs, but the rewards make up for it.

Attachments

• cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 186

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

22K+!!!!!!!!! Holy smokes, what a find!
Your efforts were greatly rewarded.
Congrats to you Piggman. Take the rest of the week off. ;D
-MM-

drywasher

Feb 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay great find !
ya know, i'm sure am happy that all the new detectors have lots of disc. notches on them , and that almost everybody uses them .
that way i just run the all metal mode and dig everything , AND PICK UP EVERYTHING THEY LEFT BEHIND. THE GOOD STUFF USUALLY!!!!!
thats my story and i'm sticking to it.
george

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread