Not Again!!Grrrrrr

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Went back to the same spot again! Oh **** there he comes again!!Yes right back in my way GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!..I sure hope people on here dont take me wrong!! I really do love to strike up a good conversation..But come on the guys up my *** !!really!! When he went to pay his bills !!!!>>>I found a 1946 penny!!!And a old badge, mabe its civil war ill have to check!!utoo hes back think ill leave.. lol...''You would have to be there to understand'' please dont take this wrong!! ....
good luck on your finds!

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I'm sorry about that dude man... I understand.

I have a guy who works for me that is just as clingy, needy, lonely, and freaking irritating. He's a "close talker" and "arm grabber" too, jeez I want to just clobber his ass most the time.

But - he prolly just needs a fella to chat with for a minute. Buy yourself some headphones and make like he's a bother and ignore him... smile and turn your back with headphones on and walk away... he'll figure it out.

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Just tell him "Stay on this side so you don't block my swing". He's going to be there every time you show up, so just direct him to a location you can tolerate and let him walk along and converse while you detect.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Accidents happen!! A smart crack across the ankle with the coil should give some space!!! :o

OP
OP
L

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
SomeGuy said:
Just tell him "Stay on this side so you don't block my swing". He's going to be there every time you show up, so just direct him to a location you can tolerate and let him walk along and converse while you detect.
I did make him dance a couple times ;D

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Put a Nuclear warning sticker on your coil and wear some aluminum foil like bathing trunks. Maybe a hat too. Might never see the guy again. ;D

OP
OP
L

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
BioProfessor said:
Put a Nuclear warning sticker on your coil and wear some aluminum foil like bathing trunks. Maybe a hat too. Might never see the guy again. ;D
Mabe ill try that!!! ;D..he was not home today ..found 1944 dime

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres an idea, and it doesn't involve whacking him or wearing tinfoil bathing suits.

Try listening to the guy. Actually listen. Shut off your detector, set aside your self-centered treasure lust for a few minutes and listen to the guys story. Bring an extra sandwich or cold drink and offer him one. Maybe you'll learn some good tidbits, or get another hunting lead.

Then after you give him a little dignity and respect, let him know, firmly, that you want to get back to work and you'd like to see him the next time you come.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
dahut said:
Heres an idea, and it doesn't involve whacking him or wearing tinfoil bathing suits.

Try listening to the guy. Actually listen. Shut off your detector, set aside your self-centered treasure lust for a few minutes and listen to the guys story. Bring an extra sandwich or cold drink and offer him one. Maybe you'll learn some good tidbits, or get another hunting lead.

Then after you give him a little dignity and respect, let him know, firmly, that you want to get back to work and you'd like to see him the next time you come.

Damnit... You have a good heart and now I feel like crap. :-[

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dahut said:

And Don't forget to Find out What His Property looks like,
and IF by Chance you can detect it ;)

At worse, he feels bad for saying No after that,
and Avoids you out of Embarrasment.

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Montana Jim said:
...I have a guy who works for me that is just as clingy, needy, lonely, and freaking irritating. He's a "close talker" and "arm grabber" too, jeez I want to just clobber his ass most the time....

;D ;D ;D

We have a term for this symptom....idiot magnet

;D ;D ;D

OP
OP
L

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
dahut said:

I have tried ,what you said in a way .All but bringing the food and drinks..he even showed me in his house what all he has done to it...ok i was fine with it...

My problem is,everyhole i dig up he wants to know what it is,If you dug up a treasure chest would you want him to no that?not saying i will..Hes even hinted to me that hes lost plenty of change were i was ;) get it!!!..remember people burried there sayings back then..if he seen me dig it ..you think he woulnt try to say it was his..lol..Im even finding civil war bullets in this spot!!''

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007
He's looking for someone to talk to. You must have seemed approachable. Some people are just lonely.

I don't have that problem. Look mean, even from far off so it's rare people would want to talk to me.

My normal look - >:(

:D

OP
OP
L

lFoundlInlOhiol

Jun 29, 2007
Tennesee...(from Ohio)
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Tricia said:
He's looking for someone to talk to. You must have seemed approachable. Some people are just lonely.

I don't have that problem. Look mean, even from far off so it's rare people would want to talk to me.

My normal look - >:(

:D
thats funny trish..if i di he would just say cheer up

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Heres what you do... when you see him coming... rub a little vaseline under your nose and cough a lot ;D
steve

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
How about a big gob of vaseline that will slowly melt and run down and drip off your chin? ;D

Daryl

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Too bad you don't have an old detector you could give him so he could hunt while you are hunting. Not the best machine you understand and take it back when you leave. Then you could hunt in peace.

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Not that BIG of a gob. Just enough to look like you have some of the creeping crud the little one get and the snot runs all the way down their chin. If they can stand their talking to you with that on your face, they ARE going to talk to you anyway so you might as well stop and talk.

Wipe your nose on your hands before you try to shake hands. That might work. ;D

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread