Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife cant figure out how she keeps loosing my sock pairs in the wash :dontknow: :laughing7:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard of a Biffy Bag? If you can find their website you will find it a very interesting tool for such occasions.

Kitty litter in a bag will work the same and much cheaper.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So pretty much from what I read, don't think you hit the jackpot when you see a handkerchief or bandana laying in the woods.....:laughing7:

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the older you get, the more you may end up going while out in the woods ......don't ask why I think this....

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not yet But Close, All I would Say Is Run Red Run Not Just I Going to Water the Tree LOl And there would Be Under where Buried Some Where After I Scanned The Area Chug

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was out in the woods in S. W. Oregon, and saw a dollar bill laying beside the trail. Using my above average logic, I didn't touch it. Another time I was driving on a back road in Montana, through a dense lodge pole pine forest and mother nature called. I pulled off on a wide spot and went a few yards into the timber, and when that bright white full moon was exposed, thousands of mosquitoes bore in, flying in formation, about the size of an A-10 warthogs, with gatling guns blazing. The woods were alive, and it wasn't the sound of music. That was a bad deal. I thought mosquitoes were bad in Nevada, along the Carson River, but they didn't hold a candle to those Montana monsters.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
porta.jpg

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm out hunting with a buddy and we're dragging a deer out of the deep woods / marsh one morning. Were in MI. and it's about 4-5 degrees above zero. I am dressed to the hilt in layers of warm clothing. I have on underwear, long johns, levi's, pair of wool pants and then a snowmobile suit. I tell my buddy I gotta go pee and hand him my gun to hold. So I turn around and start to open up some layers to grab the business end of the problem. Now that's 5 layers of cover to thread through. Now all us guys know exactly what happened when that freezing cold air entered through all those openings and then a pair of cold fingers went fishing around. I was having problems getting a "grip" on the problem and aiming. After awhile my buddy says..."Well is there a problem or what"? I said "Well guy it's hard to pull a 2" **** out of 6" of clothing! Anyway he took off laughing and then even harder... Then I started to laugh at him for laughing so hard at me... well I had whoops moment! Things didn't work out real well. So goes life in the cold.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm out hunting with a buddy and we're dragging a deer out of the deep woods / marsh one morning. Were in MI. and it's about 4-5 degrees above zero. I am dressed to the hilt in layers of warm clothing. I have on underwear, long johns, levi's, pair of wool pants and then a snowmobile suit. I tell my buddy I gotta go pee and hand him my gun to hold. So I turn around and start to open up some layers to grab the business end of the problem. Now that's 5 layers of cover to thread through. Now all us guys know exactly what happened when that freezing cold air entered through all those openings and then a pair of cold fingers went fishing around. I was having problems getting a "grip" on the problem and aiming. After awhile my buddy says..."Well is there a problem or what"? I said "Well guy it's hard to pull a 2" **** out of 6" of clothing! Anyway he took off laughing and then even harder... Then I started to laugh at him for laughing so hard at me... well I had whoops moment! Things didn't work out real well. So goes life in the cold.

I got to bite my tongue, this is a family outfit, but I got some stuff that is funny as heck, I'm chuckling as I think about it, and probably we all have funny stories along those lines. Just not here, but if we are ever having a beer, and telling tales, I got a couple of good ones. Like the guy skinny dipping in the cold water. And what the ladies said when he came out. Sorry, it's funny, but I can't go on.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever get way out there and have to go number 2 real bad? I got home and the Warden asked me where is your underware. :dontknow:
Bear got em! Boy! was I lucky! is the standard.

Hint of the day. Save your almost empty TP roll. Crush the cardboard roller & remove it. Fits in a shirt or back pocket. Been doing this for over 50 years.

If other detectorists are hunting your turf, drop one of those scared beyond recognition silver dimes in the hole. Do your business, cover the hole, and giggle so hard you'll have to make another hole!

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Women detectorists should check out the She-Wee. It lets you go standing up, and it has an added benefit of finally being able to write your name in the snow.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Awhile back I was given a book titled "How To $hit In The Woods.
Really. It's a good gift for an outdoorsy type.
A buddy I used to go caving with liked to pee in his wet suit. Said he found it warm
and refreshing. Goes to show there are things you might not want to know about friends.

Last edited:

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Peeing in a wet suit is fine, just don't do it in a dry suit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread