Metal Detecting
IMG_0750.JPG

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have a friends request that I cant seem to get rid of - tried many times its happened may times
don't know this person
can anyone tell me the reason or purpose of this
why would someone want to friend me
brady

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whenever I get a Tnet friend request, I accept it....whether I "know" them or not....
What's the harm?
Life is easier to not sweat the small stuff, instead of posting a rant crying about someone else being thoughtful.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello people, we are not getting any free nachos. Only a few of you seem to get that.

So people do not want friends, got it, clear as a bell. But free nachos, how did we get to this point.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only send a friend request to those who participate on Tnet primarily... and have been on here for a year or close to it.
OR... they have been here longer than me.

I feel it helps the site in some way. heh

IF a "newbie" then they must "pay some dues" so to speak...IE: Participate beyond normal on threads.

Like I said... I collect things anyway... why stop here :P

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Brady... I see you are in Clearwater... Sheesh we may have met at some point and already be friends... "in real life" :P heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AND... you obviously like Pink Floyd... WHICH I am huge fan of as well... SEE friends. :P

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Larry .. I think i under stand for when i get a friend request i tell my wife some one want's to be my friend . BUT they do not even know me so how can we be friends ...So i just click on and say yes go ahead . You know if you met me in person it could be a ... Hate request.. Then could they could really like me .... I really never did under stand why some one want's to be friend's with some one they do not know...
For many people, I think, it's a feeling of acceptance. For others, they may want to hang with the popular crowd, or the smart crowd, or whatever. And for others, it may be that from the posts they've read, maybe it's that you seem to match their ideals and values, so they do it as a means of letting others know whom they trust and respect. ...And finally, for some (ODDJOB), it's just a means of getting some dag-nab nachos!! :tongue3:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are interested in the things that others here find and are like minded, being a friend is a great way to keep up with them and their post. My first friend request was from AARC and it made me feel welcome to the site. To each his own and participate as you see fit.

HH RN

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are interested in the things that others here find and are like minded, being a friend is a great way to keep up with them and their post. My first friend request was from AARC and it made me feel welcome to the site. To each his own and participate as you see fit.

HH RN

Glad to hear... and glad to be of service. :)

And RN you are a contribution to the site as far as I am concerned and I personally am glad you are a part of it.
You have carried yourself well.

Now... As you were :P :)

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For many people, I think, it's a feeling of acceptance. For others, they may want to hang with the popular crowd, or the smart crowd, or whatever. And for others, it may be that from the posts they've read, maybe it's that you seem to match their ideals and values, so they do it as a means of letting others know whom they trust and respect. ...And finally, for some (ODDJOB), it's just a means of getting some dag-nab nachos!! :tongue3:

So is everyone in here in the popular crowd or the nerdy crowd?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is easier to see what your friends are posting, their posts will appear in "My Activity" tab on your profile page. I accept friends requests, It doesn't bother me, it's free and friendly. I do review my list on occasion and will remove those who have not been active for 60 or more days. I figure they may have burned out or faded away from the hobby. I have hunted with some members in other states and have yet to meet one that I didn't like and consider them true friends. I have talked with many via the phone and the ones I've hunted with text, our finds and a little humor and small talk. I found Tnet to be a good community of like minded individuals. I rarely read the political forum, I am here for the friends I've made, the free flow of knowledge, others experience, and the posted finds. I am an optimist, my cup remains half full, and every day is a blessing.

Your free to friend others or not, it's your choice, do what you feel is right for you.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just ate dinner, so no nachos for me thanks

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Besides... for me popular is a state of mind...

For example...

I am a legend in my own mind :P :)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So is everyone in here in the popular crowd or the nerdy crowd?

I believe that each one of us has had a little nerd in them, some more than others, but we all have something in common.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this thread actually has manifested into a thread after all...

Thanks Lucky Larry... Looks like your thread has worked out to be sort of positive now...

So...

Wanna be friends ? heh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread