Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it seems that if you google this topic, you will no doubt get mostly skeptical viewpoints.

I found this page to contain a lot of the artifacts supposedly found in the cave.....

https://sites.google.com/site/ancientegyptiansinamerica/ancient-egyptians-burrows-cave

The artifacts seem too pristine to be of that age but I guess preserved in a cave? :dontknow:

Do you have any good articles that would enlighten me on the "other side of the coin?"

Now, whether this story is a hoax or not, one still cannot dismiss the great mystery of the Mound-builders and the fact that the "Savages" built pyramids out in the Ohio valley!

Getting back to my area..... The academic world pegged the Plains Indians out here as nomadic and having no agricultural knowledge until you look at the Mandans in North Dakota....

Yep, the first European traders went to them to obtain quite a variety of seeds at their permanent village site full of houses. :laughing7:

Then in the 1980's they find hoes made from bison legs (here in the Red River Valley) and "discover" the Native were farming. DOH!

Archaeology is wayyyyyyy behind! It will remain so without any funding and it's the private individuals (like us) that make the real discoveries.

Interesting topic.

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the same town that Russell lived in and I know his sister and she told me that he made all that Eygeption stuff himself. Said she remembers him doing so.I have been looking on the little Wabash river and the embarraw river for years to find Burrows cave and have not found anything.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool topic. I got the book on that and it's interesting reading. My opinion? I think it's all a hoax. If so, interesting all the work Russell Burrows went to and wonder what his motivation was?

smdog66

Jan 26, 2012
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it may be a hoax, to think he handmade thousands of artifacts is stretching it. I heard he may have bought the hoard of them from Mexico, seems more likely

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread