Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I visit T-net, (not logged in) I sometimes look at the ads at the bottom of the screen (without clicking on them) as some are pretty funny or "out there.".
Today I see this ad.... "10 new apps to make you a better parent" and the picture shows a Millennial mother (with a pukey smile) holding her toddler and her toddler is holding up an I-phone.
I'm not sure what to call that.....a contradiction? an oxymoron? Paradox? :icon_scratch:
You want to be a better parent? Then put that stupid effing phone away and spend some quality time with your kids!
It happens all too often nowadays. I'm sitting on my steps having a coffee when I see these cute kids walking by.
The little boy is mesmerized by a red squirrel and tries to feed it an acorn, while his little sister is singing a cute song, holding a dandelion in her hand.
The scene brings a huge smile to my face until I look up at their mother completely glued to her phone, not paying any attention to her kids.
What a shame. She's missing out on the best days of her kid's life all just to simply update her status on zombiebook?
For thousands of years, humans evolved with the changing environment and lifestyles but now there's no evolution.
Nope, humans are becoming toad stools from stagnation. Flotsam and Jetsam. Inert. Vegetables! :BangHead:

*Sent from a home P.C. which I turn on in the morning, and then SHUT OFF for the rest of the day until the next morning.
Want to get a hold of me? Send an e-mail or call my landline and leave a message!
What? you want me to spend 20 minutes texting you a message that I could say in less than a minute talking on the phone?
Go waste someone else's life....I'm heading out detecting AGAIN!
That's right....When I'm out in the bush, NO ONE gets a hold of me and that's the way I like it!

:headbang:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen that too - parents pushing their kids on a swing with one hand, looking at their phones with the other. What used to be family time is just more phone time. Makes me very sad for the kids. I just don't understand what could possibly be so important that phones can't be put away for a half hour so the kids could get some undivided attention.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Muddy...good to know that the rest of us aren't alone....
respect-062.gif~original

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only carry my cell phone in case of an emergence, and if i don't return home they can ping it and find me.
Everyone knows if they call me while detecting, its going to vm.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what I love to see, is one of those phone nuts looking for their phone....panic sets in very quickly.:laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess their phones have become their children. Makes ya wonder what will become of the next generation of kids rasing themselves.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I think it was better in the 50's when there was a bar on every corner an the little lady dared not talk back. No. not really.

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I predicted something to happen this winter and already I am seeing that's it's worse than I thought.......
Yep, now that the colder weather is here, there's now thousands of cars pulled over on every street idling for up to an hour, while they stare at their devices.
A lot people like to walk their phones during the nice weather but now that winter's here, it's too cold for zombies, so they sit there running their cars, wasting fossil fuels for NO PRACTICAL REASON WHATSOEVER! :BangHead:
I notice it more as I exercise and the exhaust hangs heavy in the cold air.
More zombie observations to come! Anyone want to add a few?

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Millennial mother.

What is it.

I must have been gone out of the States far too long because back in 2001 I am pretty sure this phrase did not exist. All sorts of new stuff I will have to learn before returning.

OP
OP
Muddyhandz

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Oddjob, I'm not exactly sure what it means. I just found myself typing out Millenial to describe the 20 year old mother. I keep hearing that term a lot these days.

Wow, I booted up the ole P.C. for a second time today. Living large!
Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone notices a huge spike in the amount dog sh*t piles EVERYWHERE this past year?
I know there's way more dog owners these days but I'm just talking in the last year.... does it seem like there's way more poo to dodge out in the parks and sidewalks?
If you've observed this steamy-log phenomenon and want to know why then I've got your answer!

Now, in the last decade you see more who push the off-leash thing to the point where the whole city has become an off-leash dog park.
O.K. but the majority (hopefully) carry bags and clean up after their dogs so why is there so much crap?
Here's the answer.....

Wait for it.....

.....Zombie dog-walkers! :icon_cyclops_ani::dog:

Yes, I have observed the NUMEROUS dog walkers that let there dog run ahead (or behind) and are glued to their phones long enough to be completely oblivious to the fact that fluffy just went to town right in someone's yard or right in the middle of the soccer field or right on the beautiful park trail.
How many times I've got smelly poop smeared on the inside of the spider coil. :BangHead:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry Oddjob, I'm not exactly sure what it means. I just found myself typing out Millenial to describe the 20 year old mother. I keep hearing that term a lot these days.

Wow, I booted up the ole P.C. for a second time today. Living large!
Anyway, I wanted to ask if anyone notices a huge spike in the amount dog sh*t piles EVERYWHERE this past year?
I know there's way more dog owners these days but I'm just talking in the last year.... does it seem like there's way more poo to dodge out in the parks and sidewalks?
If you've observed this steamy-log phenomenon and want to know why then I've got your answer!

Now, in the last decade you see more who push the off-leash thing to the point where the whole city has become an off-leash dog park.
O.K. but the majority (hopefully) carry bags and clean up after their dogs so why is there so much crap?
Here's the answer.....

Wait for it.....

.....Zombie dog-walkers! :icon_cyclops_ani::dog:

Yes, I have observed the NUMEROUS dog walkers that let there dog run ahead (or behind) and are glued to their phones long enough to be completely oblivious to the fact that fluffy just went to town right in someone's yard or right in the middle of the soccer field or right on the beautiful park trail.
How many times I've got smelly poop smeared on the inside of the spider coil. :BangHead:

Dude you got me cracking up here, I was all into this about the dog crap thinking to my self, heck yeah man, even in Germany and Italy.

Then you hit me with Zombies. LOL

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked just the other day when one of my neighbors was venting about these self entitled mileniums.
A milenium is anyone between the age of 18 and 34
We have a pooper scooper law in NYC. Most people pick up after their dogs. But, there are enough that don't , which makes things very unpleasant at times.
There is a $250. fine, if you get caught not picking up after your dog. Doesn't matter. It's a Quality of Life violation so the cops don't care. Most NYC cops don't live in NYC.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They need a dog poo "app" !
Sorry I was staring at my smart phone.... Wait this ain't my house!!
Oh well... I can still update my "status"...:tongue3::laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked just the other day when one of my neighbors was venting about these self entitled mileniums.
A milenium is anyone between the age of 18 and 34
We have a pooper scooper law in NYC. Most people pick up after their dogs. But, there are enough that don't , which makes things very unpleasant at times.
There is a $250. fine, if you get caught not picking up after your dog. Doesn't matter. It's a Quality of Life violation so the cops don't care. Most NYC cops don't live in NYC.

Changing the direction of this thread a slight bit, I gotta vent a pet peeve of mine. I can't stand it when people move out to the country, by THEIR choice, and then moan and complain that farmer Brown's livestock smells too bad. The sad thing is they can actually get his operation shut down!! It doesn't happen as fast as that, but once more people move out and also complain, City Hall is gonna side with the majority!!

...Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming. :toothy1:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they can't stand the smell, they shouldn't be living in the country...cow country.
Bet they like their beef steak, and potted plants...thank a cow!

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
So how many of you have to work with zombies? I do. I swear if they had their phone taken away, or not be able to use it during work, they'd be an emotional wreck. Bad enough they get so engrossed in their phone that they don't notice the customer standing in front of them, or the phone ringing beside them.
Even worse is when they are dealing with a customer, and constantly are looking at their phones. Afraid they'll miss out on a Tweet or Facebook.

We've even had em hide in the back room or bathrooms just so they could play with their phones.

I guess it all evens out, we get customers in so busy on their phones that they gives us looks like we are intruding when we are trying to find out why they are in the store. What happened to common decency? I was taught not to interrupt someone on the phone, yet customers get ticked when you stand there quietly waiting on them to get off the phone.

Or when they are using a Bluetooth, and you don't know if they are talking to you, or themselves, or someone else...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey! My wife's smart phone has come in mighty handy!! ....Of course, it was only the one time. Otherwise, we barely know how to use the thing. :laughing7:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
At my job, we are not allowed to have cell phones with us. Also, the internet is not available to everyone here. This just tears some people up that they can't constantly be interacting with the world outside of their place of work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread