High value silver cert. stolen in Luisiana....

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High value silver cert. stolen in Louisiana....

Mandeville Police looking for stolen rare silver certificate

I wonder if the thief knew what it was, or if it's just some dimwit who saw a dollar? Hopefully it's not some moron who cut it out of the sleeve and spent it......

Also, if it was mine, I think it would have been secured a lot better... another news site said it was framed on the wall.....

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
High value?? Maybe.
Specimen banknotes vary in scarcity; in the case of the United States and many other countries, specimen banknotes remain the property of the central bank and when shared with another entity, are supposed to be kept secure and returned on demand. Such specimen banknotes may make it to collector markets without authorization. In other cases, specimen banknotes are very widely distributed, and since they have no circulating value, may be worth less than circulating notes. -per Wickipedia
Nevertheless, an interesting bill.
Don....

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High value?? Maybe.
Specimen banknotes vary in scarcity; in the case of the United States and many other countries, specimen banknotes remain the property of the central bank and when shared with another entity, are supposed to be kept secure and returned on demand. Such specimen banknotes may make it to collector markets without authorization. In other cases, specimen banknotes are very widely distributed, and since they have no circulating value, may be worth less than circulating notes. -per Wickipedia
Nevertheless, an interesting bill.
Don....

Definitely not my area of knowledge outside the basics.... One news source said $25k, but didn't say if that was actual value or insurance value, and really I have no idea if that's even close to being a real value... I tried learning a bit about paper money grades, but it's way too nit-picky for me....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread