Attention all you "live streaming" spammers.... - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Attention all you "live streaming" spammers....

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    953 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    thanks jeff, but still clueless
    how does one get the spam?
    what's the purpose of spam
    sorry not trying to drag this out but it seems to be an issue that I'm not up to date on
    brady
    Honest Samuel likes this.

Aug 2012
    RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
    8979 times
    Oh heck, this is the normal spam that comes here so often. I thought this live streaming spam was something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.I.B. View Post
    I'm not an Idiot Whisperer. I can't help you any further with the math.

us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "The Bay of the Holy Spirit” - La Florida
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    51967 times
    I see none as well.
    Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County Tower City
    2 MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO's .......3 Garrett Pro Pointers…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro ....... 2 Sovereign GT's
    34978 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bradyboy View Post
    sorry not trying to drag this out but it seems to be an issue that I'm not up to date on
    brady
    spam is any advertisement in the forums that has nothing to do with treasure hunting in any form.
    It's done by Unscrupulous Companies & Individualizes to get free advertising,
    and possibly give you a Virus in some cases..

and is almost exclusively done by first time members.

not much more I can say.

If you see it , Click the Triangle under it and Tell us it's Spam

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spam.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	1383920

if we agree we will ban and delete the spammer from Treasurenet
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Nov 21, 2016 at 07:08 PM.
    Honest Samuel and GTB like this.

us
    Sir

Sep 2015
    Connecticut
    Minelab
    3201 times
    Thanks Jeff, now I know what this type of span is. I thought it was the type of span that comes in a can, and bad tasting.

Aug 2016
    MI
    E-TRAC
    4339 times
    Would spammers pay $20 to join TNet?

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11685 times
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Do ya really hate "spammers" that look like this??

Attachment 1383814

No......

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    7031 times
    brady
    Spam, in its simplest terms, means unsolicited advertising. That can mean anything from someone coming in trying to boost web traffic to their own (or another) site, all the way to something much more malicious. Nowdays, if someone so much as visits a bad web page without their PC (laptop, tablet, phone, etc) being properly protected, they can get a virus or worm. If not so bad, it may only be bothersome. Or, it could be something that works its way through your PC (or other) and throws any personal info out to the original programmer, or maybe to the entire world of hackers. This could include names, addresses, passwords (including bank), SSN's, tax info, photos, personal diary kept on your PC, etc. Don't think that just because you have Norton or McAfee that you're protected. Those ONLY protect you from the vast majority of hackers and hacker-wannabe's. The worst hackers out there can easily get by most any of the defenses available to us. Fortunately, these hackers see no fun in hacking PC's like ours, as there's nothing on them to compare with government, military, public works or other sites. ...UNLESS you happen to work at one of these sites. Then you could be the target of a major hacker.

Quote Originally Posted by SD51 View Post
    Would spammers pay $20 to join TNet?
    They don't. They're simply non-paying members....like me. The only dues I pay here are by providing my input and interaction to the forum, and doing what I can to protect it from people who have no good business here. ...If I ever get more reliable internet and without a data cap, then I will probably become a paid member. But that remains to be seen.
    jeff of pa and T.C. like this.
    "...I've got silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun" - Don Williams

Apr 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    953 times
    Don't think I've ever seen it on this site, I never open links on a post, foolish to do so IMO
    Bradyboy

us
    Just another Guy In Back

Feb 2007
    The Mangrove Coast
    CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
    8366 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member, Deliverer of World Peace
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    ok, trying not to sound ignorant here
    can someone explain of show examples of the spam thing on this site?

Brady
    It looks like this-

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.48.25 PM.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	1384829
    Oregon Viking likes this.
    Get up late... Start slow... Taper off...

I am a second level vegetarian. Cow's eat grass. I eat cows.

Apr 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    953 times
    I guess if your open yourself to open anything that comes along for links posted and so on, your going to get hit
    to this day, cant understand why members click on links
    Just my opinion
    Because i refuse to open links, it keeps my computer safe
    IMO
    Brady
    kcm and jeff of pa like this.

kcm
    us
    Feb 2016
    NW Minnesota
    Tesoro Silver uMax
    7031 times
    They prey on the fact that there are lots of sports fanatics out there who would LOVE to see live streaming of two favorite teams for free. The gullible folks don't even stop to question whether there really IS such a game happening live at that moment! And still others who will click on the link(s) simply because they are curious.

Now, here's the problem - you may click on a link and see a game (live or not), or you may get just an empty web page. In any case, as far as you can tell, nothing bad has happened. However, without you even being aware, you may have accepted a worm or virus into your system. It's much like VD (from what I've learned - no personal experience here!!) in the sense that you don't know until afterwards that something wicked this way grows!!
    jeff of pa likes this.
    "...I've got silver in the stars and gold in the morning sun" - Don Williams

us
    Wheres The Gold

Feb 2010
    Vancouver WA
    Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro) Chug and Reds New Additions Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250 Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
    2637 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Do ya really hate "spammers" that look like this??

Attachment 1383814
    No Comment, And Ducking NOW
    "It cant Always Be Silver Or Gold But It Is A Hell Of an Experience Pulling It Out Of the Dirt"

Metal detecting is Like A Marathon, Your Running fast then start Slowing A Bit The You Find Something Interesting And You Pick Up the Pace!!! The Only Difference is If You Are Addicted to this Hobby there Is NO FINISH LINE HH Chug And Red

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    Bounty hunter gold digger Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Keene A52P Blue Bowl Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    11685 times
    I reported a few yesterday. There should be a "spamelimalator" ( say that 3 times fast...) award. So mods... Who's nailed the most?
    Like you guys need more stuff to do, then count "reports"

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links