Wondering what an ape face marks, its a huge geoglyph on the side of a mountain?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Tom_in_CA
  • 1 Post By Jason in Enid
  • 1 Post By Tom_in_CA

Thread: Wondering what an ape face marks, its a huge geoglyph on the side of a mountain?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2016
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Wondering what an ape face marks, it's a huge geoglyph on the side of a mountain?

I've found a huge ape face on the side of a mountain and wonder what it means

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10065 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Perhaps it means nothing but mere coincidence ? If you stare at any clouds or mountains long enough, you can eventually make out all sorts of shapes, designs, triangles, etc... But the can be mere random chance. For example: Some people believe they see the face of John F. Kennedy in the shapes formed by the volcanic rocks at this Hawaiian park scenic overlook:

Fragments of an Earlier World - Profile of John F. Kennedy

JFK Profile Rock - Iao Valley | Only In Hawaii

Would you say that is purposed and planned ? Or random ?
    DizzyDigger and ClaimStake like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14522 times
    1st - I noticed this was your very first post Bigweeaz - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
    2nd - You really should consider providing more information (i.e., the location, etc.) - members might know what you are talking about with a little more information...
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Apr 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    953 times
    if you want an intelligent response, we need pictures and area found and so on
    NO LINKS
    Brady

Nov 2016
    Well I live in Arizona and it is no coincidence at all. Someone put some work into building this giant ape face that is at least 7 or 8 hundred feet tall. It can be seen clearly at ten miles away. It's by a river and there is a lot of Spanish markings in the area. Everyone I show is very puzzled by it.

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    12169 times
    Metal Detecting
    700 feet tall?

Definitely need a picture of this.

Until then I'll go with 100% natural formation and the propensity of humans to see faces in natural formations because we evolved as social animals and relied on interpreting faces for survival and so we are hardwired to see them even in places where they don't exist.
    Last edited by Charlie P. (NY); Nov 22, 2016 at 11:15 PM.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10065 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigweeaz View Post
    Well I live in Arizona and it is no coincidence at all. Someone put some work into building this giant ape face that is at least 7 or 8 hundred feet tall. It can be seen clearly at ten miles away. It's by a river and there is a lot of Spanish markings in the area. Everyone I show is very puzzled by it.
    700 to 800 ft. tall ape face carving ? Uhhh.... you'll excuse us if we're skeptical. But let's assume for a moment that someone makes a sculpture: Why is there the notion that this means "treasure" ? I mean, they made Mt. Rushmore carvings, that were not made to mark any "treasure" ? And heck, I bet there's a "lot of spanish markings" near Mt. Rushmore too.

Me thinks you've been watching one too many re-runs of Raiders of the Lost Ark movie.

us
    Nov 2011
    BOSTON
    Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
    1844 times
    Hi; The guuy you want to talk to is Sandy1 here. Send him a PM "WITH THE PICTURES". If anyone can help you it is him. SECOND, PLEASE Post pictures of "anything" your talking about from ALL ANGLES. That way We here can help you lock it down ok. We are glad to help but you need to help us to help you ok. Last is that you may actually be looking at the Face of a Spanish Conquistador with a beard ok. THAT would fit in much better than an Ape Face. Remember that they were very crude in the way they created their images. Good Luck. PM Sandy1 ok. PEACE:RONB

us
    Oct 2013
    Arkansas
    CTX-3030 E-TRAC ATPro
    44 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    700 to 800 ft. tall ape face carving ? Uhhh.... you'll excuse us if we're skeptical. But let's assume for a moment that someone makes a sculpture: Why is there the notion that this means "treasure" ? I mean, they made Mt. Rushmore carvings, that were not made to mark any "treasure" ? And heck, I bet there's a "lot of spanish markings" near Mt. Rushmore too.

Me thinks you've been watching one too many re-runs of Raiders of the Lost Ark movie.
    No mention of treasure

us
    Oct 2009
    8260 times
    It means it's time to lay off the peyote. IF there was a 700 foot tall ape face carved into a mountain, it would be known by everyone and there would be pictures of it all over as one of the great wonders of the world.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

us
    Nov 2011
    BOSTON
    Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
    1844 times
    Hi Jason; Agreed but I like to give the Benefit of the doubt. PEACE:RONB

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10065 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger Max View Post
    No mention of treasure
    True. But this is "treasure" net afterall. Hence most persons chiming in here are doing so with the intent of some sort of TH'ing. And it can be inferred from his "... Spanish symbols..." that he is no doubt believing these things are treasure signs.

Quote Originally Posted by BARKER View Post
    Hi Jason; Agreed but I like to give the Benefit of the doubt. PEACE:RONB
    Some times a bit of critical skeptical thinking is the wisest way to determine when & where to treasure hunt.
    Jason in Enid likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links