Wondering what an ape face marks, it's a huge geoglyph on the side of a mountain?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Perhaps it means nothing but mere coincidence ? If you stare at any clouds or mountains long enough, you can eventually make out all sorts of shapes, designs, triangles, etc... But the can be mere random chance. For example: Some people believe they see the face of John F. Kennedy in the shapes formed by the volcanic rocks at this Hawaiian park scenic overlook:

Fragments of an Earlier World - Profile of John F. Kennedy

JFK Profile Rock - Iao Valley | Only In Hawaii

Would you say that is purposed and planned ? Or random ?

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post Bigweeaz - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
metal_detector.gif
2nd - You really should consider providing more information (i.e., the location, etc.) - members might know what you are talking about with a little more information...

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you want an intelligent response, we need pictures and area found and so on
NO LINKS
Brady

OP
OP
B

Bigweeaz

Nov 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I live in Arizona and it is no coincidence at all. Someone put some work into building this giant ape face that is at least 7 or 8 hundred feet tall. It can be seen clearly at ten miles away. It's by a river and there is a lot of Spanish markings in the area. Everyone I show is very puzzled by it.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
700 feet tall?

Definitely need a picture of this.

Until then I'll go with 100% natural formation and the propensity of humans to see faces in natural formations because we evolved as social animals and relied on interpreting faces for survival and so we are hardwired to see them even in places where they don't exist.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Well I live in Arizona and it is no coincidence at all. Someone put some work into building this giant ape face that is at least 7 or 8 hundred feet tall. It can be seen clearly at ten miles away. It's by a river and there is a lot of Spanish markings in the area. Everyone I show is very puzzled by it.

700 to 800 ft. tall ape face carving ? Uhhh.... you'll excuse us if we're skeptical. But let's assume for a moment that someone makes a sculpture: Why is there the notion that this means "treasure" ? I mean, they made Mt. Rushmore carvings, that were not made to mark any "treasure" ? And heck, I bet there's a "lot of spanish markings" near Mt. Rushmore too.

Me thinks you've been watching one too many re-runs of Raiders of the Lost Ark movie.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; The guuy you want to talk to is Sandy1 here. Send him a PM "WITH THE PICTURES". If anyone can help you it is him. SECOND, PLEASE Post pictures of "anything" your talking about from ALL ANGLES. That way We here can help you lock it down ok. We are glad to help but you need to help us to help you ok. Last is that you may actually be looking at the Face of a Spanish Conquistador with a beard ok. THAT would fit in much better than an Ape Face. Remember that they were very crude in the way they created their images. Good Luck. PM Sandy1 ok. PEACE:RONB

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
700 to 800 ft. tall ape face carving ? Uhhh.... you'll excuse us if we're skeptical. But let's assume for a moment that someone makes a sculpture: Why is there the notion that this means "treasure" ? I mean, they made Mt. Rushmore carvings, that were not made to mark any "treasure" ? And heck, I bet there's a "lot of spanish markings" near Mt. Rushmore too.

Me thinks you've been watching one too many re-runs of Raiders of the Lost Ark movie.

No mention of treasure

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It means it's time to lay off the peyote. IF there was a 700 foot tall ape face carved into a mountain, it would be known by everyone and there would be pictures of it all over as one of the great wonders of the world.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jason; Agreed but I like to give the Benefit of the doubt. PEACE:RONB

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No mention of treasure

True. But this is "treasure" net afterall. Hence most persons chiming in here are doing so with the intent of some sort of TH'ing. And it can be inferred from his "... Spanish symbols..." that he is no doubt believing these things are treasure signs.

Hi Jason; Agreed but I like to give the Benefit of the doubt. PEACE:RONB

Some times a bit of critical skeptical thinking is the wisest way to determine when & where to treasure hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread