Destroyer of ground found...

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
For awhile we have had someone coming and digging huge holes, and destroying the plugs and leaving junk either in the hole or BESIDE it. Open areas, hidden it just didn't matter. My friend Tim was detecting a a local Park and someone we both have met him(me just once) came up and showed him a silver Washington quarter. They talked for awhile and I guess he said he was going home to get a SHOVEL because he found something deep. Long story short Tim went to where he was digging and saw the terrible holes he was making and I guess read him his rights(of detecting). He has a new SE and I first thought he was new, but when I found out who the guy was he had told me he had a XLT for a few years before upgrading to the SE. Our sites are being taken away from sea to shining sea and what he has done is the reason. You destroy the property you lose the privilege to detect our Parks. I will be looking for new damage and if I see more, I'm going to have a talk. I hope if he knows I'll turn his name into the Parks Dept he might be more inclined to be careful. If he needs help in digging holes 101, I will do that too, but how do you get away with this crap for years?? I enjoy that our hobby has new people and welcome that. But if your going to ruin opportunity for others by destroying the land, I am not your friend!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its hard enough finding spots to hunt as it is to have a knucklehead leaving a mess and making things worse. if you are new to the hobby please learn how to dig a neat plug and always fill your holes.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
GIVE EM HELL!!! Maybe even bury them in their own hole.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
See there is a positive to this Jack...if he owned a dfx...he would not have needed that shovel! :D

OP
OP
Jack(IN)

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Hey Gregg, He owned a Whites before that and I'm sure he did the same damage....this guy ruins it for everyone with a detector and I'm mad that people like this destroy the pleasure of others who enjoy this hobby. And don't put the DFX down, I read a few stories about the DFX going deep!! ;D

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack(IN) said:
Hey Gregg, He owned a Whites before that and I'm sure he did the same damage....this guy ruins it for everyone with a detector and I'm mad that people like this destroy the pleasure of others who enjoy this hobby. And don't put the DFX down, I read a few stories about the DFX going deep!! ;D

No you missed it...I meant pinpointing is better! ;D Smaller hole! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread