seminole indian war forts in florida

OP
OP
C

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
yea great web page i was thinking of ft ogden just beacause its close to home and there is very little there today so maybe its not built over big cypress how far are you from sebring fl

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the link! I have a hard time finding any old places to hunt that hasn't been paved over around here. Even when I do find some old places I hardly ever find anything <<<sigh>>>. LOL

vicki

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Attachments

• fort ogden.jpg
    fort ogden.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,893

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
I spent a long time researching a long lost fort in my area (Minnesota). Got all the old maps I could, read description of the area during the time. Found that it was built at the place one river splits and another feeds into it. Jump onto Google Earth, get the coordinates. Grabbed the GPS, MD and off I go. And turn into a subdivision on "Old Fort Drive." :'(

Daryl

OP
OP
C

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
yea thats the sign at ft ogden its in front of the post office but as far as i can tell thats not where the fort was ive got a small alum boat and can get a canoe also have spent some time in the big cypress on an atv big palce lots of old abandoned camps

OP
OP
C

cpt scuba

Jul 17, 2006
yea big cypress we will get together this winter when its cooler i have an old family farm had 3 houses all burned down just need to get permission tp md there

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i'm game guys. i'm in miami and have spent a bit of time running around big cypress. trudging through the everglades with a 30 lb backpack is fine with me. i'm a ham radio operator so i can have communications gear with me to talk back home regardless of cell phone coverage.

looks like we may have a group of "grunts" here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread