Anyone into collecting vises?

Aug 28, 2021
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like vises, older the better; as a blacksmith, weldor, and fabricator, it is more about using them than not though. Post vices are very cool, please don't cut the legs off!:dontknow:

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got several vises around here. I'll have to take some pix later. My favorite is a big post vise.

Aug 28, 2021
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is a good vise so expensive nowadays? Can you please advise me a good company that produces a vise because I personally can't find good ones on my own. Vises in stores are either incredibly expensive, and it's not even clear why, or they just look substandard and inconvenient. I'm not looking for something incredibly special, just a suitable good vise for work. For work, I very often use a desktop vise, so it is important for me that the vise is strong and does not accidentally break. It is because of the fragility that I am afraid to buy a vise with a rotating head like here swindens.co.uk. Of course, high-quality and more expensive vises will probably serve for a long time, but it's still scary to buy at random.

Wilton makes good vises, not cheap, but tough and get the work done. Or just get something off HF and scrap it if it breaks. If you are not in the USA, i do not have any advice.

caretaker

Jan 20, 2008
Maine
Detector(s) used
2-XLT, AT Pro, CZ20, E-Trac, Excal II, GTI 1500, 250, BH 101, HH Diver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 8 of them, I clean out houses that sell, if they are there, they want them out

livewire27

Sep 6, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah swindens are very good vices. I have sold them on eBay , they always seem in high demand.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 8 of them, I clean out houses that sell, if they are there, they want them out

I have considered offering this service as I am self employed and have several large trailers, dumps and the like. I wander if I could pick your brain about pricing and such?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couple shots of my post vise!

Attachments

• 102_1192.JPG
    102_1192.JPG
    615.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 102_1193.JPG
    102_1193.JPG
    539.6 KB · Views: 18

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vises are cool, but some would say that I collect vices instead.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread