SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit high 50's in Michigan today. Wanted to get out detecting, but decided I'd better put out some Christmas lights instead. Earned a half-a-point today!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hit high 50's in Michigan today. Wanted to get out detecting, but decided I'd better put out some Christmas lights instead. Earned a half-a-point today!

Anytime you can get half a point take it. I did the laundry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
When my folks got married just before Christmas in the early 1950's, they went wading in a local creek after the wedding to cool off. ...But then, that was probably during a major cold front for south Texas! :tongue3: :laughing7:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't handle the Michigan summers here. Been waiting on the cold, I'm outside all day, all winter!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't handle the Michigan summers here. Been waiting on the cold, I'm outside all day, all winter!
I'm with ya' on that! I used to be out with one of these snow scoops every chance I could get. 3-season canvas jacket, cheap leather work gloves, slip-on shoes (if -20° or above), etc. Have been using the same snow scoop for over 15 years! But, now the body is starting to wear out some. Got ankle problems from an old injury that's making me have to use the plow truck now. It's fun, too, but not nearly as much as the scoop!

Btw, I picked up this scoop at auction for $1 many years ago. Have rebuilt it a couple of times, as I've often loaded up several hundred pounds of snow at a time. Dang thing was nearly too heavy for me to push one time. Big mass of snow-ice that would barely have fit in my tractor's loader bucket!

scoop2.jpg

Temps have warmed up overnight to 32°. Can't wait till we get rid of the damp cold!!

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It's 81° out here in Louisiana

C'mon now ... you trying to make this old coonass believe it's winter there already? JK.

I've seen many holiday seasons where you didn't even wear a jacket to the levee bonfires on River Road because it was too warm.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's 43 degrees right now in NYC.
The bottom is getting ready to fall out.
It's going to be in the 20's at night, all week long.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
C'mon now ... you trying to make this old coonass believe it's winter there already? JK.

I've seen many holiday seasons where you didn't even wear a jacket to the levee bonfires on River Road because it was too warm.

Well as you can see we still have our rain.
c27ea5814cbed3a6e28832297022a1fa.jpg
it's been raining all night.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't control the weather, so I don't sweat it. Spent 2 hours in the woods today in 36 degree weather with an inch of snow on the ground. Only found an oxen shoe, a pocket knife and a pre-1906 Robin Hood shotgun shell, but it sure beat sitting inside all day.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't control the weather, so I don't sweat it. Spent 2 hours in the woods today in 36 degree weather with an inch of snow on the ground. Only found an oxen shoe, a pocket knife and a pre-1906 Robin Hood shotgun shell, but it sure beat sitting inside all day.

You ain't lyin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread