Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok folks.... I have an old cast iron wood pellet stove. I believe I bought it in 96' - 98'. This stove has NEVER even been unwrapped or used since bought. I moved it to my new shop today and was going to hook it up along with my old one. I cannot find the manual that came with it. And I DON'T THROW THEM AWAY! But damned if I can't find this one. This heavy duty cast iron one is nothing like the old one I've been using for 20+ years.

I sat it outside under my lean too off my new shop and was going to fire it up first to make sure it worked. But I then discovered this one is totally different from the other. I NEED THE MANUAL AND CAN'T FIND ONE. It's probably just me but I looked and looked and nothing...?

Here's what's on the tag:

Warnock Hersey
Model: Tri-Star 25-5670

I would be very grateful if anybody could find a manual for this old wood pellet stove. This stove looks "brand new" (it is!) for the age it is.... but I'm to stupid to figure out all the features and parts upon it.

Thanks.... Brad

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Found a page that appears to have several different manuals for this particular series of stove, depending on configuration. You might have to download all the manuals and do some reading.

KOZI Pellet Stove & Insert Manuals

OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Post #5.... Unless I missed something.... When I was there (also) I couldn't find anything....? Thanks for the effort buddy!!!!

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sears was the distributor for it maybe they can help with a manual.
Or maybe the manufacturer themselves... https://www.usstove.com/ You may have to contact them to see if your stove model corresponds with another stove they made since yours was made specifically for Sears. Tri-Star name itself may be Sears specific and the stove may be listed under a different name/model in their catalog section. There are many to look through. Display Directory Contents

Last edited:
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried to get a pic of the tag on the bottom edge of the cast iron base. But somehow / someway I got the digital camera messed up and haven't figured it out yet. I'll try again today.

But thanks for the effort folks. I got the stove going and it REALLY kicks out the heat. But there's some things on it that I need to understand better and really need that manual.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...I don't suppose you can look for similar stoves online and download their manuals? Might could get a few answers that way. I mean, there's only so many controls on a wood stove....right?? :dontknow:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have better luck getting info if you google the particular control or feature you are interested in learning about rather than a whole manual. And there is just about a YouTube video video on everything out there

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Op try this 800 245 6489 this is the number for England stove works. Maybe someone there would be helpful and point you in the right direction. They have manuals . It only makes sense that someone in that field might better understand what make and model you have etc.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Throw in a bunch of chips, light, and stand back. :BangHead:

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Found this searching dogpile.com...might be helpful. Others have said, Warnock Hersey is not the maker, they are a listing lab, kinda like our UL.

"the stove on the right is a "tristar" essentially its a relabeled 25-pdvp, we built that unit from 1995 through 2000 for US stove under the tristar 25-5670 label and as the 25-PDVP under the englander label. was actually my favorite 1990's era stove, lots of room in back to get to stuff when servicing great heat transfer with the tubes in top and the front face and front of the sides as part of the firebox, the stove radiates heat almost like a woodstove. was rated at 1800 sq ft but i think it could do better than that in the right application. great stove! BTW i want to say this one is a 1995 or 1996, hard to tell for sure with this picture but we went to the "downturned" handles in 97 as i recall

Attachments

• Stove.jpg
    Stove.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 49
OP
OP
Limitool

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this searching dogpile.com...might be helpful. Others have said, Warnock Hersey is not the maker, they are a listing lab, kinda like our UL.

"the stove on the right is a "tristar" essentially its a relabeled 25-pdvp, we built that unit from 1995 through 2000 for US stove under the tristar 25-5670 label and as the 25-PDVP under the englander label. was actually my favorite 1990's era stove, lots of room in back to get to stuff when servicing great heat transfer with the tubes in top and the front face and front of the sides as part of the firebox, the stove radiates heat almost like a woodstove. was rated at 1800 sq ft but i think it could do better than that in the right application. great stove! BTW i want to say this one is a 1995 or 1996, hard to tell for sure with this picture but we went to the "downturned" handles in 97 as i recall

1320 THANK YOU!!! Hell YES... That looks exactly the same. But... my handle pulls upright from center left and locks out at about 11:00. It kicks out a ton of heat. But on the inside / left sd. / bottom is a lift off metal plate. What is that for? And for ALL OF YOU THAT HELPED.... THANK YOU ALL.... Brad

EDIT: The exhaust comes out the bottom right side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions