Anyone else have feral kids?

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm telling you folks, my kids are wild as buck rabbits. We take them detecting with us all the time and by the time we get them home they look like mud people.

I made the horrible decision to buy my wife a new car last year. It stays smudged up, tracked up and rusted up from our find pouches our boots and the kids' snacks. If you are a new parent and plan on raising wild chil'ren and if you have hobbies that involve dirt, trust me, just buy a used vehicle.

I wouldn't have it any other way though.

OP
OP
deerhuntinghippie

deerhuntinghippie

Apr 17, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Whites PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, if anyone knows what the item is that I find in the creek, let me know. I think it's just an aluminum teapot but I've been wrong many times in this hobby.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep. It's like I adopted (they're not adopted) two little boy pigs. No matter how small the puddle, and no matter the location, they can't ever resist at least sticking a toe in it. Don't get dirty? Pssht! Only until an irresistible patch of naked dirt presents the right opportunity. Then they will laugh and take the scolding. :love7:

At a wedding, or in the woods - it's always a good time to be a kid! :laughing9: :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup, mine were feral until about age 12. I had to instituted a white clothing ban and encourage tie-dye & patterns. 90% of their clothes were from thrift stores and garage sales. Trash bags next to the front door, for extreme mess quarantine.

Now they are the dreaded teenagers & can only rarely be bribed from their caves. I kind of miss it now.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a hilarious vid. Great job and great kids. My son just turned 4 and hes starting to go feral. He is terrorizing our cat as I write this. Poor old " speedy " the cat.!!! He pushed grandmas Christmas tree over yesterday !!!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know I did wrong, but mine were mostly human. One was mostly compliant and the other I yelled at really good in the 3rd grade because she wasn't paying attention at school. The yell at session ended with a folded up umbrella being slammed down hard on the dining room table, and compliance came after that.

Must have thought the parental unit was a nut job. Which is true.

Today, one runs the computer systems for a big company in NY and the other is an accomplished author.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea... I had one. She was about as strong headed as anyone you'd want to meet. REALLY STRONG HEADED!!!! Always knew what she was going to do...? I have 8 children and this one was the smartest without doubt. The others DO NOT dispute this either. But she could piss me off with her decisions and things she did at times. It didn't really matter what I thought or any protests presented.

But within 15 years of turning 18 she became a paralegal / lawyer, an R.N. and headed an insurance company in Nashville TN..

This girl was a feral child at every turn.... but always in control. Never saw anything like it in my life. A book ought to be written about her!!!!!!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EDIT: "But within 15 years of after turning 18 she became a paralegal / lawyer, an R.N. and headed an insurance company in Nashville TN."

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Mine is as feral as they get. Even more so than me now. She LOVES Animals and wants to be a Veterinarian. Thing is she now has a gecko, a sslew of Japanese fighting fish in 3 tanks. A ferret in my neighbors house. She is always bringing home birds and squirrels. She wanted snakes. I "BANNED" them from my house for religous reasons so she settled on a second gecko. My house now looks like Dr Doolittle lives here. She will NEVER outgrow it either I'm afraid. But at least she is getting level headed about it. She is now studying Veterinarian Medicine online for her Degree. She's working at a kennel and for Purina. So I guess I have a feral animal lover for life. Lump it or leave it as she says. I'll lump it. Beats the alternatives. PEACE:RONB

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well you appear too young to be a hippie
and the real hippies did not hunt deer

love

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
One you need to be on the lookout for. Wolf Pack attitude. My three little monsters learned that one quick. Pretty simple, use one wolf to distract the prey, while the others can sneak in for the kill. What mine learned was if one was distracting myself or the wife, the other two were free to range unchecked creating all kinds of mayhem.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its an individual thing, some are wild and some aren't...and we celbrate them all! Its what makes the world go round! Enjoy!
If your not feral in our family you don't survive. [emoji16]

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
You haven't seen feral until you've seen my "pack" at the dinner table when there is a deer roast present. Like hyenas at a kill, you could easily loose a couple of fingers if you get too close.

ncFloridaBum

Dec 19, 2016
Starke, FL
Detector(s) used
Five finger probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter isn't old enough to tell. I was definitely a feral child. The swamp/woods I grew up beside has a creek running thru it. My sister and I would swim in it in the summer, and build TP's out of dead branches in the winter. Always barefoot. I fish and detect out there a lot now, and I won't go without snake boots. I kill at least one cottonmouth or rattlesnake every time I go. Sometimes 4 or 5. It makes me wonder how I never got bit as a kid.
.. makes me question my mother's motives too [emoji38]

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One additional funny sidenote: the author will sometimes remember things WRONG, and when her sister of I sort of correct her, forget it. 33 going on 34.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1686.JPG
We tried to domesticate him on the farm, it didnt work. He wanted to hang with the goats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread