QUESTION: Why is it that Manufaturers can NOT make a --

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be a better solution if you went after the machinery that radiates that interference, rather that expecting some small hand held device to selectively choose which of those signals are good and which are bad. The detector is radiating its own interference and is looking for it to be reflected back to its receiver. EMF just happens to fall into those same frequency ranges also, so how could it selectively eliminate good from the bad. You must eliminate the source of the bad and problem solved.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detector that would automatically block out Electronic Interferences like CB's, Power Lines etc ?? I'm no electronics guy but it seems that this should be VERY do able. What say ye ?? PEACE:RONB :icon_scratch:

because your detector was made to listen to a range of EMF. It creates it's own EMF and then looks for a shifted EMF return from a metallic target in the field. It can't tell the difference between a target EMF signal and a stray radio EMF signal that falls within the "listening" parameters. Then it does it's best to interpret what it thinks that signal means which is why it begins behaving erratically.

FYI, the minelab CTX has attempted to limit EMF by creating a digital signal from the controller to the coil, but the coil is still going to pickup EMF.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; It just strikes me as strange that We can put men on the moon, Take out & replace the human heart but We can't create a detector to do this seemingly simple task. What say ye Folks?? PEACE:RONB

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
You can make anything- it's just how much money you want to spend.... which passes onto the consumer, who must also be willing to spend more money.

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe if you detect on the Moon, you won't get any EMFs

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; It just strikes me as strange that We can put men on the moon, Take out & replace the human heart but We can't create a detector to do this seemingly simple task. What say ye Folks?? PEACE:RONB

I think that you are beginning to find out that what you are calling a seemingly simple task is a whole more lot involved. When I wonder off into a bad area and experience that type of difficulty, I just move on to a better place and enjoy my chosen hobby.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bow; Yup, I just think there has to be a GOOD "SIMPLE" solution to this mess. Also, GIB, I don't think it would be to much of a cost that it would be cost prohibitive to anyone including the consumer. What say ye Folks ?? PEACE:RONB

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi bow; Yup, I just think there has to be a GOOD "SIMPLE" solution to this mess. Also, GIB, I don't think it would be to much of a cost that it would be cost prohibitive to anyone including the consumer. What say ye Folks ?? PEACE:RONB

I think you need about 4 years education in electronic engineering before you start talking about what you think should be possible and cheap.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mr. Ron, do you have a particular situation that you are trying to work around or is this detecting in general? If it is a particular situation then explain it and there are great minds here that may be able to come up with a solution for you and solve the issue and again give you PEACE.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It can be made, problem would be very few would be able to afford buying one.... look at newbies now who ask about what is a good water proof salt water detector and when you ask their budget they tell you $200- $300.

November 9, 2016 A New Future

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
My budget is $20-$30. What can I get?? :wink:

Sorry, couldn't resist. :tongue3:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

You could experiment with a guard/ deflector atop your coil,nonmetallic of course. ( ?).
I wandered under the lines at a power generating site once...:laughing7: Even well away there was effect.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe if you detect on the Moon, you won't get any EMFs

Are you kidding , everyone knows that the moon is hollow and filled with human /alien bases. Way to much emf there. But the lunar rover that we left is chok-ful-of-gold. This is a joke folks, except the part about the rover. I think it has 8 pounds on it.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
You might get change back from Mickey D's ?
Hmm, Mickey Detectors - has a nice "ring" to it. :laughing7:

You could experiment with a guard/ deflector atop your coil,nonmetallic of course. ( ?).
I wandered under the lines at a power generating site once...:laughing7: Even well away there was effect.
I've got a pair of wire stripper/cutters that has a power warning sensor - so I don't cut through a live wire, like my wife once did. :laughing7: Anyway, took those cutters down the driveway and they started going nuts when I was still a good 30'-40' away from the power lines. So for anyone that thinks it's easy to make a detector that can find metal, it is. For anyone thinking it's easy to make a detector that can find metal near power lines.....IT ISN'T!

MD's have to be lightweight. And already, the top models out there are getting to make for some heavy swinging. Making one that would ignore all power lines, well, that would add on another 20 lbs. or more in electronics, and probably a specially designed coil as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread