Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's getting close to christmas.......I'm gonna cherry pick through this thread and send my list of books to Santa !! Hopefully I haven't been to naughty to get a couple books knocked off the list.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess what I meant to say is this is a great thread to get gift ideas for the treasure hunter in your circle of friends and family !!

Xarlina

Mar 18, 2019
UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx a lot for the tips what to read next))

I`ve already read "Plunders & Pillage" and "Diving to a Flash of Gold" and really want to read "Coins of the lost galleons".
And also can recommend you one of my favorite book "Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea". I suppose you`ll like it as I am.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanx a lot for the tips what to read next))

I`ve already read "Plunders & Pillage" and "Diving to a Flash of Gold" and really want to read "Coins of the lost galleons".
And also can recommend you one of my favorite book "Ship of Gold in the Deep Blue Sea". I suppose you`ll like it as I am.

Well xarlina.....you just convinced me to read plunder and pillage again. I only read it once and who new the north east was so filled with pirates and privateers ?? Ship of gold in the deep blue sea....hmmmm sounds good....thanks I'm gonna check that one out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20211222_065206.jpg

Got another great book this year as an early Christmas present....thought I had read this one but now I realize there are several books like this with similar titles.....lots of info in this one I was not privey to before !!

Im a little late reviving this thread for Christmas ideas, but there are some great book gift ideas in this thread for the treasurehunter in your family!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20211222_065220.jpg

I take the jackets off when im reading them so they don't get destroyed.

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can find an old book from the 1960s, by Robert F. Marx, it's good: "Always Another Adventure". Good read.
A little late to this thread! Bob Marx's "AAA" was one of the first treasure diving books I read as a young Lad just starting out in scuba ( 1974 ). Since then I've collected most of his books. I talked with him at a couple of times at the annual dive shows up my way; he was usually there to sell books and pieces of eight jewelry in order to help finance his latest expedition. I told him that 'AAA' was my bible growing up - he laughed and said: "Oh, that ol' thing, I've almost forgotten I wrote it!". I assured him it was a great read, as are all of his books. Good guy; was saddened to hear of his passing a few years back.

Note: "Always Another Adventure" was re-printed as "Secrets Beneath The Sea" Copyright 1958

Attachments

• RFM 2.jpg
    RFM 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • RFM 1.jpg
    RFM 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven't already, check out one of several Y/T videos detailing the history, discovery & salvage of the H.M.S. Edinburgh - 4.5 tons of Russian gold pulled from 800' in the Barents Sea...

A few of my treasure books...

Attachments

• TB's 10.jpeg
    TB's 10.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 42
  • TB's 9.jpeg
    TB's 9.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 37
  • TB's 8.jpeg
    TB's 8.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 35
  • TB's 7.jpeg
    TB's 7.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 43
  • TB's 6.jpeg
    TB's 6.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Tb's 5.jpeg
    Tb's 5.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 31
  • TB's 4.jpeg
    TB's 4.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 48
  • TB's 3.jpeg
    TB's 3.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 40
  • TB's 2.jpeg
    TB's 2.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Treasure Books 1.jpg
    Treasure Books 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A little late to this thread! Bob Marx's "AAA" was one of the first treasure diving books I read as a young Lad just starting out in scuba ( 1974 ). Since then I've collected most of his books. I talked with him at a couple of times at the annual dive shows up my way; he was usually there to sell books and pieces of eight jewelry in order to help finance his latest expedition. I told him that 'AAA' was my bible growing up - he laughed and said: "Oh, that ol' thing, I've almost forgotten I wrote it!". I assured him it was a great read, as are all of his books. Good guy; was saddened to hear of his passing a few years back.

Note: "Always Another Adventure" was re-printed as "Secrets Beneath The Sea" Copyright 1958

Good to hear from you DJV ! Yes, a real life "Indiana Jones". A great book !

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one is specific to Arkansas and the White River but if you,re interested in the steamboat era it is a great read."Steamboats and Ferries on the White River".It has a chapter devoted to the Civil War use of steamboats on the River that is most informative.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know which of Marx's books describe the galleon he foung off of Pt. Reyes?
Or perhaps, know the coords?
Not sure on that, but I'll look through some of his books.

DJV

May 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know which of Marx's books describe the galleon he foung off of Pt. Reyes?
Or perhaps, know the coords?
Here's a link to an article that may assist you.

Not sure if Bob has a surviving spouse and I recall he has a Daughter who might agree to assist you. Good luck ( count me in for the salvage, eh? ;) ).

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Colorado Ghost Town and Mining Camp Guide: Campground Directory, Jeep and Hiking Trails, Maps, Town Sites, Brief Histories, Rail, Stage, Wagon Roads.​

I picked up this book about the time it was first published 1982 when I lived in Buena Vista CO. Me and a buddy would head out in my 65' IH Scout with a Whinch and Warren overdrive on our 5 day off long change at the mine and check out the thousands of long lost ghost towns throughout the Rocky Mountain. The brief history was an excellent reference on what the towns and stage stops were all about. I particularly focused on towns that were gold and silver camps and the ones where the whole town went up in flames. I figured gold and silver coins may have been lost. I had a Garrett detector but only managed to find rusty gold for the most part, as those old towns are a treasure-trove of iron objects. Only coins I ever did find were two Barber Dimes at an old cabin site close to a place called Turret I believe it was.

Attachments

• 61sDO2di97L._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    61sDO2di97L._SX379_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you again to @sphillips Steve. I'm so happy to have this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread