Your favorite treasure books post them

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are some of my books in my treasure library. Not all though, I have a few scattered around the house and work that I am reading.

20161203_210032.jpg 20161203_205957.jpg

Books border on the sacred for me. Some of these titles are good, some are crappy, some I've had for decades, others have been given to me. I've kept them all. Some times it's fun to go back and read an old one to see just how much things have changed over the years. That binder-clipped stack of papers in there is my book, which has been about 95% finished for 20 years. Now I would have to re-write the whole thing as technology has changed so much, and the old photos are really bad resolution compared to what you can get now.

This is the book I'm reading at work right now. I don't know why TNET keeps rotating these pics. :BangHead:

20161204_095123.jpg

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah the researcher in me ...loves.. this very good non fiction work -- by Mendel Peterson --(one time curator of the historical archeology division and director of the underwater exploration program of the Smithsonian institution ) - its called--"the funnel of gold" --its all about the history of treasure fleets , the routes they took famous treasure fleet disasters (1715 , 1733) the Spanish vs French in 1565 in florida --jam packed with great info ..

I have several of the same books you got bart

but my all time favorite is one I earned as a gift -- a in English copy of the reale eights --original transcripts of the Spanish archive data ..given to me by Taffi Fisher --in exchange for some info on the 1715 fleet that I shared with her ..she really liked what I had to say

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are some of my books in my treasure library. Not all though, I have a few scattered around the house and work that I am reading.

View attachment 1387938 View attachment 1387939

Books border on the sacred for me. Some of these titles are good, some are crappy, some I've had for decades, others have been given to me. I've kept them all. Some times it's fun to go back and read an old one to see just how much things have changed over the years. That binder-clipped stack of papers in there is my book, which has been about 95% finished for 20 years. Now I would have to re-write the whole thing as technology has changed so much, and the old photos are really bad resolution compared to what you can get now.

This is the book I'm reading at work right now. I don't know why TNET keeps rotating these pics. :BangHead:

View attachment 1387945

Ya jason im with you..... thats a nice juicy collection you have there. Ive already eyeballed a few that I will have to track down and own . including "filibusters and buccaneers," and "great age of piracy". Not to mention several others. Thanks for posting. My christmas list is growing rapidly.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah the researcher in me ...loves.. this very good non fiction work -- by Mendel Peterson --(one time curator of the historical archeology division and director of the underwater exploration program of the Smithsonian institution ) - its called--"the funnel of gold" --its all about the history of treasure fleets , the routes they took famous treasure fleet disasters (1715 , 1733) the Spanish vs French in 1565 in florida --jam packed with great info ..

I have several of the same books you got bart

but my all time favorite is one I earned as a gift -- a in English copy of the reale eights --original transcripts of the Spanish archive data ..given to me by Taffi Fisher --in exchange for some info on the 1715 fleet that I shared with her ..she really liked what I had to say

There is no doubt about your knowledge of these fleets as I have read many of your posts in the shipwreck forum. Your contributions have helped many im sure .I too was just offered a thousand pages of translated documents from the spanish archives from mr meylach. I will accept them as they are treasure to me whether I ever go to the site or not. Heres a pic of an autographed piece from mel fisher. photo-256.JPG
photo-255.JPG
This is mainly just an eye candy piece, and its a little beat up, but it lights a fire in my belly everytime I thumb through the pages. I too have read funnels of gold , but Strangly I cannot find it in my library now.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no doubt about your knowledge of these fleets as I have read many of your posts in the shipwreck forum. Your contributions have helped many im sure .I too was just offered a thousand pages of translated documents from the spanish archives from mr meylach. I will accept them as they are treasure to me whether I ever go to the site or not. Heres a pic of an autographed piece from mel fisher. View attachment 1387948
View attachment 1387949
This is mainly just an eye candy piece, and its a little beat up, but it lights a fire in my belly everytime I thumb through the pages. I too have read funnels of gold , but Strangly I cannot find it in my library now.

This post needs an "I'm jealous!" button :notworthy:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's not forget the little 30 or 40 page self published books / pamphlets(?). You can find them around for a couple bucks. Sometimes it's amazing how much an author can say in 40 pages without all the fluff to fill out the page count for the publisher. I try to snatch up all I see, if they are doubles they make excellent trading material!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's not forget the little 30 or 40 page self published books / pamphlets(?). You can find them around for a couple bucks. Sometimes it's amazing how much an author can say in 40 pages without all the fluff to fill out the page count for the publisher. I try to snatch up all I see, if they are doubles they make excellent trading material!

Yes indeed, this one is only 28 pages but has proved invaluable to me. photo-261.JPG
photo-260.JPG
photo-258.JPG
Great little pamphlet for cobs. 10 years ago I took a friend MDing to a spot very close to my current spot. It was just after hurricanes katrina , willma, and rita. Conditions were perfect and he walked off into the sunset with this cob. Now this is one of those guys that MDs about once every couple years so I was quite jealous about this coin. He now does the flea market thing and needed items to sell. So I traded him 4 antique metal fishing bouys, a dozen antique key west embossed coke bottles, and a small silver opium bottle. It now rests where it belongs with the rest of the collection from this site. He honored his word and let me have first shot at it when he wanted to sell it. This little pamphlet also has a list of mint marks and assayer marks with the assayer names and years.its a great little pamphlet.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
bart i do have a spare "funnel of gold" that can be had ..in trade for say some Frank Hudson books

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bart i do have a spare "funnel of gold" that can be had ..in trade for say some Frank Hudson books

Ohhhh wow.... lord have mercy on me for my ignorance. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away i read the one titled "how to discover and profit from florida shipwreck treasure" I had no idea about the 5 other titles (at least) here they are for everyone.
Lost treasures of floridas gulf coast

Lost treasures of floridas west coast

Lost treasures of floridas east coast

Florida treasures of the old spanish main

Florida treasure wrecks
Oh boy this is gonna cost me, but I must own them. After I read them we will talk trade. Thanks for that little nugget of info. Now that just made the thread for me. You the man ivan.
P.S. I saw your post in the shipwreck forum on the state of florida. Sounds like some heart break for you !!! As with everyone who deals with them. I may yet post there but I have cool off before I do. They piss me off so bad. I have to check the chart but I might have some info for you reguarding nassau sound.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love bottles and gemstones and have large collections of both. Anything pirate or buccaneer related ill pick up if I can. photo-275.JPG
My problem is that I keep giving away my books to people I know will like them. Then I end up buying them again. I think its worth it for the people you know will love them. Ive given away marx's "Shipwrecks Of The Americas" I dont know how many times.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
feel free to blow up and read my letter to the state of Florida --the map is from Nov of 1769 by Capt William Fuller of England made upon request of lord Egmont (the owner at the time of Amelia Island) ..it clearly shows a shipwreck in the sound that of course MUST pre date Nov of 1769 ...please note that the Brits did not gain control of Florida from Fpain until 1763 ..and only held control until 1783 (20 years) when it gave Spain control of Florida after losing the war with America ..

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Bart --I have the one you spoke of ...on page #22 ...#64 is speaks of the 3 sand spit islands in Nassau sound that Spanish coins are known to wash ashore from during bad nor easters .. the spot shown of page 61 --is linked to the data on page 22 it is the area where coins often wash up on Talbot island ...these are 1715 fleet era coins from the Spanish "barcolonga"--spoken of by Gov. Spotswood of Virgina in his Oct 24th of 1715 letter to british home sec. Stanhope..

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart --I have the one you spoke of ...on page #22 ...#64 is speaks of the 3 sand spit islands in Nassau sound that Spanish coins are known to wash ashore from during bad nor easters .. the spot shown of page 61 --is linked to the data on page 22 it is the area where coins often wash up on Talbot island ...these are 1715 fleet era coins from the Spanish "barcolonga"--spoken of by Gov. Spotswood of Virgina in his Oct 24th of 1715 letter to british home sec. Stanhope..

Yes indeed that is what I was thinking of ,where the last set of soundings crossing the river stop/start on the point is well worth a look. This I know for fact !! Let us not forget louis aurey either. I hope to get back soon gotta love fernandina !!!

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
now for the bad news --they have barred metal detecting along the Nassau sound- area -beach areas of both northern Talbot island and southern tip of Amelia island ...

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are 2 more great books. quintana roo is on the Yucatan peninsula and relates to myan ruins. The other title speaks for itself. photo-280.JPG
photo-281.JPG
Common folks what about the northeast and canda and novascotia. Or how about the midwest and ghost towns and California. How about mexico and south America. Portobello, panama, Colombia and Venezuela. Comon lets see some more great treasure books.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
state of fla archies are more crooked than a chicken leg..

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
First off, I should point out that I’ve done a sick amount of reading since the age of five. The more I read the more I want to know. Lately, books have been piling up because I don’t have as much time to read anymore. That being said, I started reading everything I could get my hands on (fiction & non-fiction) regarding treasure hunting in July of 2003. No subject has ever fascinated me more. A year plus later I was buying my first detector a Hayes 2-box from Kellyco and a year after that my first coin machine a Bounty Hunter. Several months later I was making my first posts here at T-Net. I’ve been hooked on the subject and its infinite possibilities ever since.

For what it’s worth here’s a list of treasure books that have inspired, challenged, entertained and in some cases provoked me into my own adventures….

1). The Treasure Hunter by Howard Jennings with Robin Moore This is the book that launched a thousand treasure hunts --- including my own. The guy was the text book treasure hunter, ladies’ man & adventurer.
2). The Urban Treasure Hunter by Michael Chaplan An exhaustive book on all aspects of treasure hunting from a practical stand point by a guy who definitely knows his business. Think of this as the ultimate how-to, where-to guide.
3). Lost Treasure by Bill Yenne An entertaining look at various leads around the country and the engaging stories behind them. This was an early favorite of mine and is still a classic.
4). Buried Treasures of the Mid Atlantic States by W.C. Jameson This author is great in terms of knowledge and telling a good true story. All his books are short and breezy reads. I recommend anything you can get your hands on by him and believe me there’s a ton of stuff to choose from.
5). Lost Treasures of Florida’s Gulf Coast by L. Frank Hudson I’ve personally searched for some of these and talked to his publisher. They basically said he was the type of guy that would tell you outrageous stories that later turned out to be true. While other times something believable he said off the cuff turned out to be a bald faced lie. Judge for yourself, but you’ve been fairly warned.
6). United States Treasure Atlas (multi-volume) by Thomas P. Terry This guy is the Dean of Treasure Research. You could spend years of your life (and many have) looking through the leads in here from all 50 states that are encyclopedic in their breadth.

7). Valverde’s Gold by Mark Honigsbaum This book tackles the famous Inca chief Atahulpa’s lost treasure in Ecuador. It’s a little bit more sizzle than actual steak, but still a tantalizing read overall. Good historical details on past searches are a strong point.
8). The Treasure Hunter’s Manual #7 by Karl Von Mueller a.k.a Dean Miller a.k.a Deek Gladson If there’s a “father” of modern treasure hunting this guy is it. Hands down this is one of the most practical handbooks on the subject of treasure hunting ever written.
9). Treasure Recovery From Sand and Sea by Charles Garrett This excellent book came out before his stuff became over commercialized and repetitive. His advice for beach hunting has served me well over the years.

10). The Treasure Diver’s Guide by John S. Potter I’ve never dived for treasure in my life and never plan to, but this book makes you want to rent a boat and head out. The leads are well researched and he makes them seem so close at hand. Many have made fortunes from this book including Mel Fisher.
11). Pieces of Eight by Kip Wagner Here’s the true story of the mother load of all treasure ships --- the 1715 fleet. He started as a contractor by day and a beach comber in his free time and wound up one of the most successful treasure finders of all time. I found this book at a library book sale and it’s signed by him, but missing the dust jacket.
12). Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson A ripping treasure yarn that gets better with age and is worth a re-read every couple of years. Countless treasure hunters site this book as their first inspiration from childhood. Stevenson still holds up in every way.
13). Coronado’s Children by J. Frank Dobie This entertaining collection of true stories will give you hours of reading enjoyment guaranteed. It’s widely known as one of the best books on lost treasures and has inspired countless authors and treasure hunters since.
14). True Tales of Buried Treasure by Edward Rowe Snow This author wrote tons of books on the subject and this IMO is the best. He talks about an exciting treasure he found as well as legends well known & obscure.
15). Dig Here! by Thomas Penfield Years of research went into this book and while it’s dated it still has some serious merit. Pirate hoards, outlaw caches etc. are all in here.
16). Pirate Hunters by Robert Kurson This is a recent addition to the treasure hunting genre and involves two buddies obsessed with finding pirate treasure. The truthfulness and lack of embellishment were refreshing.
17). Fatal Treasure by Jedwin Smith The story of Mel Fisher’s tragic journey and ultimate triumph in his years long search for the legendary Atocha. Although you know how this one ends the fun comes page by page in getting there.
18). Treasure Trove by Tim Haydock This is a well-researched and entertaining look at some of the world’s most famous missing treasures. One of the earliest books on the subject I read it fed the fire for many more.
19). How To Research For Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting: From Lead Generation To Vetting by Otto Von Helsing In this NO B.S. guide the author debunks a lot of myths surrounding leads and sources. His basic premise is that there’s a good reason why a tiny fraction of treasure hunters make most of the big finds --- better and more elaborate research through multiple avenues.
20). America’s Lost Treasures by Michael Paul Henson This author like Thomas P. Terry is another well-respected researcher who manages to uncover some treasures of his own. Like W.C. Jameson the treasure here is also in the telling.
21). World’s Best Lost Treasure Stories by C.B. Colby Actually it’s a kid’s book, the stories are told in bite size pieces, but still have that wispy element of lost treasure tales that fires the blood. Some are well known others not so much, but all are entertaining. The story of John Wilson in Maine is my favorite of the bunch.
22). Buried Treasures You Can Find by Sir Robert Marx I’ll say right off this book is a little hokey and commercialized for such a well-respected author and successful treasure finder. Like so many others though I couldn’t resist the lure and I still managed to find some gems in here. I personally searched for a few of these and had some very modest (unrelated) finds, but great stories as a result.
23). The Lost Treasure of the Concepcion by John Grissim This book tells the inspiring story and ultimately successful quest of treasure hunter Burt Webber. On a side note, I found this book at a library book sale dirt cheap and it had the subject’s (not the author’s) signature on the fly leaf page.

24). Treasure Caches Can Be Found by Charles Garrett A practical how-to guide by a guy who really knows his stuff. Everything from site evaluation past & present to tips and tricks are covered in a very short and easy read.
25). Ship of Gold Deep Blue Sea by Gary Kinder The exceptional story of Tommy Thompson is told here. The dreamer, underwater robotics engineer and ultimately successful treasure hunter who went from living in his car to discovering one of the biggest underwater fortunes of all time. Sadly, the more recent post script to his story; investor fraud, fugitive and current prisoner is far less compelling.

Hardly complete I think this list should still give everyone a book they could enjoy and benefit from. If you haven’t read these then I envy you the discoveries waiting in them. And who knows what discoveries might come your way out there in the field…??

Happy Holidays & Happy Hunting!
-spyguy

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=&]First off, I should point out that I’ve done a sick amount of reading since the age of five. The more I read the more I want to know. Lately, books have been piling up because I don’t have as much time to read anymore. That being said, I started reading everything I could get my hands on (fiction & non-fiction) regarding treasure hunting in July of 2003. No subject has ever fascinated me more. A year plus later I was buying my first detector a Hayes 2-box from Kellyco and a year after that my first coin machine a Bounty Hunter. Several months later I was making my first posts here at T-Net. I’ve been hooked on the subject and its infinite possibilities ever since.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]For what it’s worth here’s a list of treasure books that have inspired, challenged, entertained and in some cases provoked me into my own adventures….[/FONT]

[FONT=&]1). The Treasure Hunter by Howard Jennings with Robin Moore This is the book that launched a thousand treasure hunts --- including my own. The guy was the text book treasure hunter, ladies’ man & adventurer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]2). The Urban Treasure Hunter by Michael Chaplan An exhaustive book on all aspects of treasure hunting from a practical stand point by a guy who definitely knows his business. Think of this as the ultimate how-to, where-to guide.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]3). Lost Treasure by Bill Yenne An entertaining look at various leads around the country and the engaging stories behind them. This was an early favorite of mine and is still a classic.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]4). Buried Treasures of the Mid Atlantic States by W.C. Jameson This author is great in terms of knowledge and telling a good true story. All his books are short and breezy reads. I recommend anything you can get your hands on by him and believe me there’s a ton of stuff to choose from. [/FONT]
[FONT=&]5). Lost Treasures of Florida’s Gulf Coast by L. Frank Hudson I’ve personally searched for some of these and talked to his publisher. They basically said he was the type of guy that would tell you outrageous stories that later turned out to be true. While other times something believable he said off the cuff turned out to be a bald faced lie. Judge for yourself, but you’ve been fairly warned. [/FONT]
[FONT=&]6). United States Treasure Atlas (multi-volume) by Thomas P. Terry This guy is the Dean of Treasure Research. You could spend years of your life (and many have) looking through the leads in here from all 50 states that are encyclopedic in their breadth.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]7). Valverde’s Gold by Mark Honigsbaum This book tackles the famous Inca chief Atahulpa’s lost treasure in Ecuador. It’s a little bit more sizzle than actual steak, but still a tantalizing read overall. Good historical details on past searches are a strong point.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]8). The Treasure Hunter’s Manual #7 by Karl Von Mueller a.k.a Dean Miller a.k.a Deek Gladson If there’s a “father” of modern treasure hunting this guy is it. Hands down this is one of the most practical handbooks on the subject of treasure hunting ever written.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]9). Treasure Recovery From Sand and Sea by Charles Garrett This excellent book came out before his stuff became over commercialized and repetitive. His advice for beach hunting has served me well over the years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]10). The Treasure Diver’s Guide by John S. Potter I’ve never dived for treasure in my life and never plan to, but this book makes you want to rent a boat and head out. The leads are well researched and he makes them seem so close at hand. Many have made fortunes from this book including Mel Fisher. [/FONT]
[FONT=&]11). Pieces of Eight by Kip Wagner Here’s the true story of the mother load of all treasure ships --- the 1715 fleet. He started as a contractor by day and a beach comber in his free time and wound up one of the most successful treasure finders of all time. I found this book at a library book sale and it’s signed by him, but missing the dust jacket. [/FONT]
[FONT=&]12). Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson A ripping treasure yarn that gets better with age and is worth a re-read every couple of years. Countless treasure hunters site this book as their first inspiration from childhood. Stevenson still holds up in every way.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]13). Coronado’s Children by J. Frank Dobie This entertaining collection of true stories will give you hours of reading enjoyment guaranteed. It’s widely known as one of the best books on lost treasures and has inspired countless authors and treasure hunters since.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]14). True Tales of Buried Treasure by Edward Rowe Snow This author wrote tons of books on the subject and this IMO is the best. He talks about an exciting treasure he found as well as legends well known & obscure.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]15). Dig Here! by Thomas Penfield Years of research went into this book and while it’s dated it still has some serious merit. Pirate hoards, outlaw caches etc. are all in here.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]16). Pirate Hunters by Robert Kurson This is a recent addition to the treasure hunting genre and involves two buddies obsessed with finding pirate treasure. The truthfulness and lack of embellishment were refreshing. [/FONT]
[FONT=&]17). Fatal Treasure by Jedwin Smith The story of Mel Fisher’s tragic journey and ultimate triumph in his years long search for the legendary Atocha. Although you know how this one ends the fun comes page by page in getting there.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]18). Treasure Trove by Tim Haydock This is a well-researched and entertaining look at some of the world’s most famous missing treasures. One of the earliest books on the subject I read it fed the fire for many more.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]19). How To Research For Treasure Hunting and Metal Detecting: From Lead Generation To Vetting by Otto Von Helsing In this NO B.S. guide the author debunks a lot of myths surrounding leads and sources. His basic premise is that there’s a good reason why a tiny fraction of treasure hunters make most of the big finds --- better and more elaborate research through multiple avenues.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]20). America’s Lost Treasures by Michael Paul Henson This author like Thomas P. Terry is another well-respected researcher who manages to uncover some treasures of his own. Like W.C. Jameson the treasure here is also in the telling.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]21). World’s Best Lost Treasure Stories by C.B. Colby Actually it’s a kid’s book, the stories are told in bite size pieces, but still have that wispy element of lost treasure tales that fires the blood. Some are well known others not so much, but all are entertaining. The story of John Wilson in Maine is my favorite of the bunch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]22). Buried Treasures You Can Find by Sir Robert Marx I’ll say right off this book is a little hokey and commercialized for such a well-respected author and successful treasure finder. Like so many others though I couldn’t resist the lure and I still managed to find some gems in here. I personally searched for a few of these and had some very modest (unrelated) finds, but great stories as a result.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]23). The Lost Treasure of the Concepcion by John Grissim This book tells the inspiring story and ultimately successful quest of treasure hunter Burt Webber. On a side note, I found this book at a library book sale dirt cheap and it had the subject’s (not the author’s) signature on the fly leaf page.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]24). Treasure Caches Can Be Found by Charles Garrett A practical how-to guide by a guy who really knows his stuff. Everything from site evaluation past & present to tips and tricks are covered in a very short and easy read.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]25). Ship of Gold Deep Blue Sea by Gary Kinder The exceptional story of Tommy Thompson is told here. The dreamer, underwater robotics engineer and ultimately successful treasure hunter who went from living in his car to discovering one of the biggest underwater fortunes of all time. Sadly, the more recent post script to his story; investor fraud, fugitive and current prisoner is far less compelling.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Hardly complete I think this list should still give everyone a book they could enjoy and benefit from. If you haven’t read these then I envy you the discoveries waiting in them. And who knows what discoveries might come your way out there in the field…??[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Happy Holidays & Happy Hunting![/FONT]
[FONT=&]-spyguy[/FONT]

Wow very very cool spy guy. Thanks for a flood infomation, what a list. This is a giant contribution to this thread and greatly appreciated by everyone im sure. I cant wait to dig into some of these. I see some ive read and I see some I havnt. your reviews are polished and accurate. Thanks again. Wow im still soaking it all in !!!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I just take a pic of my book shelves ? :P

Have too many to choose a fav :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread