Finally got complaints about my rolled rotten zincolns.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_1852.JPG
    IMG_1852.JPG
    514.4 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of posterity, here is my festering collection, must be upwards of $5 worth there in theory ... Also a few bent/zinged quarters, dimes and nickels - Coin slaw, if you will.

Any copper pennies, nickles, dimes or quarters that have been hit by mower I flatten out on my vise anvil then spend, it's just the rotten zinc's that I don't recirculate,also found out they will kill plants pretty quick someone stuck some in a planter of ours outside our apartment.We are the managers so go figure.

KandiKlover

Jan 7, 2017
Kingman, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 (got for free)
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Any copper pennies, nickles, dimes or quarters that have been hit by mower I flatten out on my vise anvil then spend, it's just the rotten zinc's that I don't recirculate,also found out they will kill plants pretty quick someone stuck some in a planter of ours outside our apartment.We are the managers so go figure.

Really? I didn't know that lol does it have to be a lot of zinc pennies or just a few for the average sized plant? Interesting recycle ideo for homemade weedkiller lol

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said...

Buy a rock tumbler.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? I didn't know that lol does it have to be a lot of zinc pennies or just a few for the average sized plant? Interesting recycle ideo for homemade weedkiller lol

just a few will do it.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I think it is bad luck to throw away money.

Why not save them in a heavy duty bag and next Christmas give them to a Salvation Army bell ringer? I'm sure the SA can cash them in.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just a few will do it.
Theres a wild bush that envaded from the neighbors yard and is trying to take down my fence...you may have given me a use and solution to both problems!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

TxSchelter

Jan 15, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep a few in your pocket and throw them in front of your detecting partner when hes not looking. Itll keep him busy and give you time to cover more of the yard! Thats what i do to my brother anyway!
The ones that are decent enough to spend or make it through a money counter at my bank i tumble in walnut shell for about 24 hrs.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ronald raygun invented the zinc ones.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got around 14 pounds +/- sitting in plastic peanut butter jars. When I get bored I tumble some & pick out the better ones to add (3 or 4) to some rolls and cash in the rolls. Haven't had any problems in over 10 years. If you really want to be a jerk leave trails of em through a grocery store, or set a small pile in an empty spot on the shelves. If you're a real alpha henry drop 5 or 10 in the area of the register where it's next to impossible to bend over & pick them up. You'd be amazed how some people will contort themselves to pick them up. Ya gotta have fun with it!! And the fun never ends!!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Dogs will not poop on a zincoln. If they did it might restore them to mint condition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread