Compass Judge 2? Old time detector I hear..

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150
Hey there everyone, recently came accross a Compass Judge 2 near me, and I was wondering if anyone has any info on these? Not to use for detecting, following the Sandman's advice and going with a brand name detector, but just for the sake of having it. Seems vintage, everything works, and not sure if it's worth buying. Price is $120CAD, but price is very negotiable. Thanks!

Kiko

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
I used a Compass X-100 for about 24 years. Back in their day they were one of the better detectors you could buy. I would talk him way down on the price. Compass is no longer in business, but they were a good detector. I still have 2 of them. My X-100 I use as my backup detector.

mmiller

May 21, 2006
COLORADO SPRINGS
Detector(s) used
DFX & XLT & Judge II Auto
I had a judge 2 for a long time one of the best detector I ever had. that machine was really good to me I wish I never sold mine but 120 is too much for a machine of that age if you could get for 50 or 75 and learn how to use it I'm sure you would enjoy it. the tone on that machines was a lower pitch and for me I could tell what I was digging by the pitch of the machine. I have a dfx now and have several other detector brand and models before this one and the only one I think that was better then the judge is the dfx.good luck to you. ps if you don't buy it let me know I would like to talk to the person that has it.

OP
OP
Kiko68

Kiko68

Mar 20, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Detector(s) used
ACE 150
Hey everyone, thanks for the responses! I've decided to go with a more recent, lightweight model, Not that the Judge 2 isn't a great buy, just because I need something a bit more lightweight as I said. Thanks for the input Everyone!

Thanks! Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread