Here comes Santa

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this year's Christmas may not be as much of a surprise as some of the good ones my wife has pulled off in the past. That doesn't mean I'm any less excited. This year I made it no secret that I wanted to upgrade to from the X-terra 305 that I absolutely love since I added the 7.5 KHz NEL Sharpshuter coil. The machine I requested was the X-terra 705 because I wanted some of its added features. I'll admit I expected to wait till after the new year to find a used one since we have three kids and don't like spending any more than necessary.

Well I don't know how she did it but she found me 705 gold new in the box at an affordable price and it's on its way.

Now I get to find out once and for all if the 705 detects any deeper than the 305 using the exact same coil. (I don't really plan on using the 18.75 KHz coil since there is no gold around here to prospect.) Either way I'll be happy to have the extra features.

To be continued...

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you have picked out an equally nice gift for your wife. You will love the features on the 705.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the 305 on a trade for some welding work, and it a far better machine than I expected and the NEL coil made it better. I'm sure the 705 is going to be awesome.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Icewing,

I bought the 705 for my daughter, it is a very good detector. Recently, I purchased a 705 for myself it's light, deep and has many advanced features; just a pleasure to use.

Every now and then we use both machines and hunt the same area, just a little friendly competition. :laughing7:

Well, since I set up her machine like mine, it's just luck who's coil sweeps the target first. :icon_thumright:

Regards,

Doc

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it arrived in the mail today and I even managed to sweet talk my wife into letting me "learn it's new features" before Christmas so a put it all together and put in the same batteries I use in my 305, freshly charged, pressed the power button and nothing happened.

So now I have to return it because apparently it wasn't as "new" as the listing said. The seller says he "didn't know" it was a return item.

Oh well, I cleaned up my 305 real nice, went out in my back yard, found a nickle, shut it off and went back inside.
Maybe I don't need it after all.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's easy to find bad reviews about the customer service at Minelab, but I contacted Minelab and explained my situation and provided them with a copy of my purchase receipt. Without further complication they sent me a return authorization number and agreed to replace (not repair) the detector. They even paid the shipping.

Thank You Minelab for the great customer service.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Icewing, Best of luck and a Merry Christmas. You have a great wife.

That I do, in fact she's my best find ever. 15 years and counting.
I'm a lucky man.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this year's Christmas may not be as much of a surprise as some of the good ones my wife has pulled off in the past. That doesn't mean I'm any less excited. This year I made it no secret that I wanted to upgrade to from the X-terra 305 that I absolutely love since I added the 7.5 KHz NEL Sharpshuter coil. The machine I requested was the X-terra 705 because I wanted some of its added features. I'll admit I expected to wait till after the new year to find a used one since we have three kids and don't like spending any more than necessary.

Well I don't know how she did it but she found me 705 gold new in the box at an affordable price and it's on its way.

Now I get to find out once and for all if the 705 detects any deeper than the 305 using the exact same coil. (I don't really plan on using the 18.75 KHz coil since there is no gold around here to prospect.) Either way I'll be happy to have the extra features.

To be continued...

I use the 17.8khz frequency on my deus
It loves gold.I clean up on things other machines will miss rings at an angle,earrings,small pendants.If you ever beach hunt I would definitely give it a try.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't put away that 18 kHz coil. It will find the gold jewelry. Watch the youtube vid from Gerry at Gerry's detectors. I used the settings from that vid on my 705 gold and found a Men's 14k gold signet ring the first time out.
IMG_0055.JPG

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tips guys, I'll be sure to try out the high frequency coil.
The good news is that the replacement is on the UPS truck and will be here today.
I just wish it wasn't 17°F outside today.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now if we could come up with a pattern that would discriminate out winter. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the UPS guy didn't make it till 8pm then dropped it on my front porch and didn't even bother to knock. Luckily I recognized the sound of his truck and thought to check the porch after finishing my dinner. There it was, my brand new Xterra 705 Gold Pack. The ground was frozen solid but that didn't stop me from trying. I knew with such hard ground no plug would be pretty so I stayed out in the cow pasture hoping for an old bullet or something. And with it being so cold I wasn't going to stay out for long. No bullets were found but I got lucky and found this Daisy Dollar (my second).it was a good day.
20170107_174051.jpg 20170107_174027.jpg

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YAY SANTA brought just what you've been wanting! Sweet... not much longer now and ya can retire on those gold bars you're about to find! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread