Cobra Beach Magnet Modification - Mod - Modify

Magooru

Aug 13, 2013
Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett GTI 2000 (sold), White's XLT(sold), Garrett AT Pro, Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a super cheap ($40) Cobra Beach Magnet to have a detector that I could take to the beach in Mexico with me and not worry about it being lost or stolen. I air tested it with some gold rings and jewelry and straight out of the box, the results were rather poor (2-3 inches at best). I had seen others whom have stated that is a Fisher 1280X Aquanaut knock off and can be modified to function better . I have decided to try to modify this, but am stuck at the point of removing the plate or whole tray to get access to the board inside. Any advice from someone whom has accomplished this would be awesome. I know I have already voided the warranty and compromised it's being waterproof, but I am ok with that. I only need to get 1 week out of it. I have attached the photo of the compartment. I am not sure if I am supposed to be able to pull the whole tray out of the compartment or if the bottom is just a plate that is glue or siliconed in. Any suggestions (other than go out and buy a real beach unit)?

Merry Christmas & Happy New Years to all~

Attachments

• CobraBeachMagnet.jpg
    CobraBeachMagnet.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 227
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Compadre, dry sand, $160.00:icon_thumright:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a "Cobra Beach Magnet" I got from "KellyCo" as part of a BOLO sale, for I think $100.00. It SAID they go for 6 to 8 hundred? Are you kidding me? It was really Bad. Donated it to a metal detector's club flee market sale, sold for $50.00, and I don't feel as though it was worth that much. I'm not at all bitter about it, it's just that I think the BEST infro. to obtain about any detector is from sites like TreasureNet. after you read a companies ad. The guys on this forum are really good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread