Hookahmax system

ncFloridaBum

Dec 19, 2016
Starke, FL
Detector(s) used
Five finger probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of em until I read this. Just looked them up. Pretty cool.

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Best one, I used it for over 15yr ,,AirLine by J,Sink

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several guys down here in the keys use that one in there boat bottom cleaning business. I use a brownie but I see the hookah max being used by them every day while they work. Always one on the dock humming away while they clean bottoms. Must be pretty good since these guys use one every day.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several guys down here in the keys use that one in there boat bottom cleaning business. I use a brownie but I see the hookah max being used by them every day while they work. Always one on the dock humming away while they clean bottoms. Must be pretty good since these guys use one every day.

Which brownie ? ? ?

I have owned many... From industrial's to recs...

This is my current baby... love this model for sometime... lightweight... reliable....old pics of her being winterized.

DSC00800.JPG DSC00801.JPG DSC00802.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the third lung I love it too. Ill take a pic of it today, im loading the old girl up for my trip to the bahamas. Did you make that white board with the handles or was that how it came ? Mine has the float for it but I normally just leave it on deck. I rarely tank dive any more since most of my intrest is in 30 feet or less. I lobster dive with it and treasure hunt with it. Cranks on first pull every time. That one looks just like mine but I cant remember the model numbers and stuff. Ill post up some pics in a few hours. Loading up for six months in the bahamas. Leaving sometime in the next ten days when the weather is right. Wont be back till june.gonna hit spanish wells, harbor island, long island, san salvador, rum cay, and who knows where else. Hope to metal detect Atlantis resort on my trips back and forth. Ill come home once a month for a week in our hydrosport, get groceries and supplies and then head back. Ill be seeking info on wrecks and history and stuff too so keep your ears on. Fishing some tournament's and I hope to see sads/kevin when im in long island.fishing , diving, beachcombing for ambergris, metaldetecting, and just generally adventuring. Im fired up I cant wait. Man I love my job!!!!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im bringing 2 excals a whites dualfeild and the old cobra beach magnet for the kids. Gonna hit preachers cave beach in eluthera and columbus landing beach in san sal. Plus every resort and old ruin I can find. Going straight to the ruins on royal island first. Whoooo hoooo !!! Let the adventures begin.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I made that...

3/4 Starboard and Stainless handles...

Also sits on 2 inch rubber feet and has slide out hinges for easy removal from its spot on my rig...

Also locks for not so easy removal :)

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im gonna have to make something up like that for ours. Thats way nice especially the handles...... very nice setup AARC.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was designed to sit on the "seat" of a console such as this...

The seat part of the console has been cut out and finished... then the hookah base now becomes a removable "lid" and gets the whole unit "up" off deck as to reduce the emission concentrations in stagnant air situations...

Works beautifully...

Oh and whole unit can be lifted and held by errr forgot the name of that hatch armmmm that locks... anyway... under the unit the accessories etc are stored in console.

Center_Console_Small.jpg

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1400230
View attachment 1400231
View attachment 1400233 View attachment 1400234 View attachment 1400236
Ya it looks just like yours, 60 feet of down line and 3 way splitter, with 3 separate lines for the split, I think the split lines are 20 or 30 feet, I dont remember. Ive used it with 3 people and it aint easy, things get a little messy and tangled. Works great with 1 or 2 people. I use the float alot when lobstering and I like it when I have to get into tight spots the boat cant get too. Ive had to swim it over very shallow reef in eluthera to get to deep spots where we could never get the boat to. The reef comes up 20 or 30 feet on the devils back bone and is barley awash in alot of spots there .if m doing solo missions wich of course is not recommended or that smart I use this rig photo-61.JPG
photo-60.JPG
I like this rig because its much less involved when im by myself. I try not to go by myself but if ihave to recover somthing for someone or clean a boat bottom alone or just metal detect the deepr spots it works great. It works great for lobstering canals and creeks, see them with my glass bottom bucket jump in getum and jump back in the yack. Paddle some more seeum turn the air on jump in and get some more.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder why my pics do that some times ? None of the hooka pics show without opening them ?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1400230
View attachment 1400231
Ya it looks just like yours, 60 feet of down line and 3 way splitter, with 3 separate lines for the split, I think the split lines are 20 or 30 feet, I dont remember. Ive used it with 3 people and it aint easy, things get a little messy and tangled. Works great with 1 or 2 people. I use the float alot when lobstering and I like it when I have to get into tight spots the boat cant get too. Ive had to swim it over very shallow reef in eluthera to get to deep spots where we could never get the boat to. The reef comes up 20 or 30 feet on the devils back bone and is barley awash in alot of spots there .if m doing solo missions wich of course is not recommended or that smart I use this rig View attachment 1400242
View attachment 1400243
I like this rig because its much less involved when im by myself. I try not to go by myself but if ihave to recover somthing for someone or clean a boat bottom alone or just metal detect the deepr spots it works great. It works great for lobstering canals and creeks, see them with my glass bottom bucket jump in getum and jump back in the yack. Paddle some more seeum turn the air on jump in and get some more.

I really like this set up.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This setup is for my Dive Scout / aka "the dive bug". heh

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1400230
View attachment 1400231
Ya it looks just like yours, 60 feet of down line and 3 way splitter, with 3 separate lines for the split, I think the split lines are 20 or 30 feet, I dont remember. Ive used it with 3 people and it aint easy, things get a little messy and tangled. Works great with 1 or 2 people. I use the float alot when lobstering and I like it when I have to get into tight spots the boat cant get too. Ive had to swim it over very shallow reef in eluthera to get to deep spots where we could never get the boat to. The reef comes up 20 or 30 feet on the devils back bone and is barley awash in alot of spots there .if m doing solo missions wich of course is not recommended or that smart I use this rig View attachment 1400242
View attachment 1400243

Sold my 2 setups like this ehhhh 10 years ago now... they collected dust.

Had 2 BU Alums as well for each setup.

Sold for a penance.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you got a 100 foot down line with a v split with 25 footers

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the dive scout all about? Is that one of those powered scooters

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats the dive scout all about? Is that one of those powered scooters

Custom built by me...

Took one year.

Basically a bad arse pontoon boat made to jump waves and catch air :P

Even a dive hole in deck.

All alum and stainless.... diamond plate.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats cool, you bet I want to see some pics of that bad boy. I to do most of my stuff in 30 or less. Somtimes ill dive shells in 40-45 feet but most of the emperor helmets are in 20-30. I can free dive them and often do but the hooka lets me wrestle 2-3 out of the sand in one dive.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones that are built like little house boats are really popular in the keys right now. I like the green tri designed one. Pretty fancy aluminum work on that bad boy. Very cool !!! I can see how they would be great for hooka rig diving. Lots of deck space. Your console mount would be perfect on one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread