Grave Digger side kick venom
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife bought me the detech 10x5 and 8x6 for my Mx5 for Christmas. I'm fairly new to metal detecting about a year in. My question is do i need both of these coils or are they to similar? I used the 8x5 and absolutely love it found a nice merc and 8 wheat cents along with some other finds in my yard in which Ive detected 100 times already that my stock coil missed. Is there a big difference between the 8x6 and 10x5 or should i return the 10x5 and get a bigger coil like 13" ultimate or something similar. I would like to get more depth out of my machine I am looking for coins and relics but mainly just finding coins right now. I'm hunting in jersey and PA beaches, fields and woods. I haven't used the 10x5 yet because I'm not sure if its to similar to the 8x6 to make a difference with depth and may return it depending on the advice any one can offer me on this forum. Thanks in advance for your input.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya might try the White's or Metal Detecting Site for information. I recently purchased the 13" D-Tech, replacing my 6 x 10 Eclpse. I'm not quite sure about the D-Tech yet, as I haven't had the chance to put it through the paces. It is gonna have to shine, to beat my 6 x 10 though. I've found mores rings and coins with my 6 x 10 than with the stock coil or the D-Tech....I run an M6. Hope this helps!

Welcome to TNET!!:hello:

OP
OP
Misuraco

Misuraco

Dec 2, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX
Detect-Ed red belly shaft
Minelab ProFind 35
All 3 nox coils
Grave Digger tomb stone venom
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response can you let me know how the 13" works for you I really think I'm going to buy it I'm just reading mixed reviews.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 8x6 will be a little deeper than the 10x5, had the 13" didn't care for it too much. Imho the 8x6 and 10x5 are so close in size, kinda redundant.

OP
OP
Misuraco

Misuraco

Dec 2, 2016
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX
Detect-Ed red belly shaft
Minelab ProFind 35
All 3 nox coils
Grave Digger tomb stone venom
At pro
Whites Mx5
Garrett ace400
Garrett pro pointer AT
Garrett pro po
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's exactly how I see it too now. I've had time to use both and honestly I'm not a fan of the 10x5 the 8x6 is my goto coil for now on. Talked to Kelly co. They said I can return it just need to figure out what to get in it's place. Any ideas?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread