Just ordered my new detector!! Need some tips from you

Mifarmer

Jun 30, 2014
Barry county
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO x2 XP DEUS!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just made the decision to buy a new ws5 deus with a 9 in coil, I should see it in a couple days, I've never used one I have seen one only once, what's the few things that will heal get me started? I've done a little reading but wanted to get first hand knowledge.
Thanks!
Kyle-

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Should post in the Deus section for more response.

Congrat on the purchase.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Greetings from Boston. Welcome to TNet. I hope you make a lot of great finds. Go to the Dues Forum here. They will help you a lot ok. Also go to the SubForums Section here and find your State. There you will find local Clubs that will be a great assett to you as well ok. You will meet a lot of the guys in your area and learn new places and ways to go hnting ok. Good Luck. Looking foward to your Posts and Pictures. PEACE:RONB

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you also have an AT PRO. Here are a few suggestions.
a. Try not to use the DEUS in wet weather. Grab the PRO when going out in the rain.
b. Try putting your DEUS in program 3, "DEUS FAST"
It is an 18 Hz frequency and will go deep.
Nickels will register 64. Copper Nickel IHP's, (1861-1864), also known as fatties, will register 74. The Bronze IHP, (1865 - 1909), will register 84. Dimes will come in at 92. Quarters at 95, halves at 97. 98 and up is usually iron.
A lot of steel bottle caps will register 90 to 92 but are almost never deeper than 4 inches. The sound that the target gives you is very important. Listen to it, & learn it. As with all new machines,, dig everything.
c. Andy Sabisch wrote an excellent book about the
XP DEUS. Pick up a copy.
d. Try to hunt with someone who is proficient with the DEUS.
e. Have Fun

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread