kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I always try to than people when I ask for information. One thing that I am having issues with is subscribing to threads so that I can remember what posts I have out there.

Yeah, I can't ever remember how either. So I'll end up writing a short something, or even just post an emoticon, then I'm automatically subscribed.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess I'd like to bump Barker's post up a notch. I've got a few grand kids wandering around. Don't see much of them but I'm not much with kids anyway. I lack the qualities of a teacher. That's ok but I did ask one recently, eleven years old, so what did you get your parents for Christmas? He kind of sheepishly looked at me and said "Nothing". I asked "You don't get them anything for birthdays or anytime?" "No" he said. I asked "isn't it time you did"?
He had no response.
I was not the greatest kid and drove Mom nuts especially later in life, but I do remember going to Woolworth's and getting Mom a bottle of Evening In Paris perfume in a cobalt bottle for 25 cents. More than once because she told me how it was her favorite. I guess I don't understand kids with their hands out wanting something for nothing.
Now in fairness my Mom was a Saint and even in the most troublesome times even though she was alone, I could count on her. My Hero.
I know we all come into life with our hands clinching what ever we can hold on to and that's our nature. We also leave this life with our hands wide open releasing all we might have grabbed.
My wife tells me these are the lessons kids need. Learn to give.
Thanks Barker for helping me remember.

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't be sad, maybe they are busy.

Naw Sam, things have just changed. Maybe it's why people Tweet. Don't tweet me, or Face book me, or anything else cause "I'm Not There"
And have no plans of being there. I guess I'll never know what Trump is trying to say or tweet.
Speaking of being there do you remember the movie Being There? One of the best.
Actually there are some resemblances to the movie and Trump's Presidency. Walk on water Q'ue No?!

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hvacker; Your Mom was a true Hero. I guess thats what Moms are for. Come Hell or high water they are always there for their kids. I find it strange that the ones who grew up poor and having nothing are always more generous than those who grew up in priviledged lifestyles. I guess that it is that we appreciate and value things more in life. Even the simple things. My Mom grew up in the Great Depression and she taught me to be a Gentleman that always appreciates and respects Folks and things. I grew up with a wild side too but now that I'm older I live the Life my Mother wanted me to live. God Bless Mothers. PEACE:RONB :notworthy: :leprechaun-hat:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck, ex #4 has my private parts in a jar in her closet, and you people get all, "he hurt my feelings!" over some newbie that didn't get down on their knees and fire up a burnt offering because you typed some letters into a keyboard while drinking coffee in your underwear? Man up you thin skinned feminine products! :laughing7: :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
**kcm starts to throw a snowball at Terry - but then decides to take a nap instead** :tongue3:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave my homemaker son a gift and told her that I want him to write me a note, thanking me. I am still waiting for two days.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I gave my homemaker son a gift and told her that I want him to write me a note, thanking me. I am still waiting for two days.
Well, it's a busy time of year. Hopefully there will be something soon.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I consider a like as a thanks, am I wrong in this belief? :dontknow:
I agree. To me a like is a thank you and also acknowledgement to a post. Many times I just glance over the post because I am busy or simply don't feel like reading them all. A like is a lazy way to atleast let people know you were there. I will hit a like on post I agree with but if I start a post, I try to like everyone who responded as a thank you. I hear what you're saying Barker, and many people here appreciate your input. Life's too short to worry about people like that. It's their lose. If you're around people long enough they will show their true colors, whether online or in person. This site is full of great people. We'll just focus on them till we see otherwise.

HH RN

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was going to respond but don't have any new input so thought I would just say "yea I know the feeling".

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please ,Thank you and holding the door are lost on the younger generation so not getting a thanks doesn't surprise me.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Barker, good topic. We've all been helped in Q&A , from time-to-time, on forums. So when you try "pass it on" and chime in (info, opinions, etc...) for others, then yes: An acknowledgment that the other person read it seems to be appropriate.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Yup, I'm over it now. Lesson learned. I just can't stand Intentional Arrogance. Drives me nuts. Brady, No Block. I got 2 PM's from you. Both identical. Quotes but no text. Please try again ok. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Folks; Yup, I'm over it now. Lesson learned. I just can't stand Intentional Arrogance. Drives me nuts. Brady, No Block. I got 2 PM's from you. Both identical. Quotes but no text. Please try again ok. Thanks. PEACE:RONB
Hey Ron, might wanna double check the quotes. It's not uncommon that someone will write their reply within the quotes. When that happens, it can be VERY difficult to find the reply.

OP
OP
B

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi kcm; Did not hink of it. Will do. PEACE:RONB

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Heck, ex #4 has my private parts in a jar in her closet, and you people get all, "he hurt my feelings!" over some newbie that didn't get down on their knees and fire up a burnt offering because you typed some letters into a keyboard while drinking coffee in your underwear? Man up you thin skinned feminine products! :laughing7: :occasion14:

Geeze, and I thought I was just a sensitive new age guy! You know I'm lactate intolerant and have abandonment issues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread