I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it make any sense if you are hiding a treasure in the 17th century , to dig down 200 feet What's wrong with two feet down ( or one for that matter ?) I get sucked in because they sometimes do surface detecting - then I feel like such a sucker ! Anybody else getting disgusted with this nonsense ?

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The show is just crazy... I stopped watching it....

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't waste my time with that show any more. The real treasure is all the money they're getting from the network to produce this garbage. They'll drag it out for 10 years, as long as the network's payout is greater than their expenses. Total scam show now...

Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I am on the other end of the spectrum here, with my only complaint being that I wish it was more of a documentary than a TV series in that it be shown in full from start to finish in either a single long show or a few nights as a mini series. That said, like any reality show on TV I just take it as entertainment knowing much of what is done is so that not only will I tune in next week, but so that the show keeps high enough ratings to keep folks willing to pay for commercial time.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I broke quickly. Lunatics looking for something that doesn't exist, is my summation.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I broke quickly. Lunatics looking for something that doesn't exist, is my summation.
Are you describing the viewers or the show? :laughing9:

I've never watched it. Geraldo Rivera ruined that for me with the whole Capone vault fiasco.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a interesting area with some history but it drives me nuts them trying to make some clue out of Crack in a rock constantly. They could wrap each show up in about 30 seconds. Instead it is 45 minutes of "that looks like the holy grail carved into that rock" "ooh ahh" No it is a freaking rock!!!!!

usinadi

Mar 9, 2015
Stilwell, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350; Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am definitely going to quit watching it if they do not find anything of value this season. The only bright spot I have enjoyed is the guy actually finding things with his metal detector. lol I am also tired of listening to the narrator making "Mountains out of molehills" over common items.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave up on the show a couple years ago, but they brought me back in with that "roman sword" episode. Now I tune in just to see what stupid garbage they are going to bring forward. I loved how they used a planted railroad spike as a ship's deck planking.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a whole sub-forum here about it.

Oak Island

I've been saying for several years there is no point in burying anything that is wanted back as deep as they seem to be heading; and if they didn't want it found the sea provides LOTS deeper places to sink it. The only treasure on Oak Island is marketing the search.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
They lost me early on.

They are digging deeper than the people of that era had the ability to dig without hundreds of workers and a massive amount of support.

-only to have hundreds of hungry and broke people keep it a secret while carving clues and maps into rocks?

It never passed the first round of common sense.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a whole sub-forum here about it.

Oak Island

I've been saying for several years there is no point in burying anything that is wanted back as deep as they seem to be heading; and if they didn't want it found the sea provides LOTS deeper places to sink it. The only treasure on Oak Island is marketing the search.

Yeah, but that sub forum is for the true believers. It wouldn't be right to go in there with our realities and rational thoughts.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not reach my breaking point yet, but, I am bore. I agree that the people did not bury treasure more then ten feet.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's where you will learn the Templars hid the alien formula for cold fusion rolled up in a lost Shakespeare play in the Holy Grail weighed down with Excalibur, and the proof is in the way Adam's finger from the Sistine Chapel points directly at a stature of Charles the First at Charing Cross, whose jacket has EXACTLY nine buttons . . . and there are nine letters in "Oak Island".

Proof beyond doubt. Oh, and they have oak wood in Italy, England AND on Oak Island.

AGGRAVATING ANNOUNCER'S VOICE

"Wood, on Oak Island?"

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you describing the viewers or the show? :laughing9:

I've never watched it. Geraldo Rivera ruined that for me with the whole Capone vault fiasco.

The people looking for the treasure are crazy... I have seen the look that they have in their eyes before... It's "gold fever". Those loonies are positive that the next hole is going to be full of treasure, and I am sure that it is NOT!

Look at their eyes, all glassy looking... and they smile and nod their heads in agreement with each other. Delusional.

I always believe my next hole has a Merc in it, so I am exactly the same, except these guys are spending their life savings, and I am just walking around the park!

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Reality television has much more to do with the latter than the former. Enjoy or ignore this show as you would any other work of fiction, but remember that these things are in fact works of fiction...plots, scripts, staged film shoots, the works. Do not take them seriously.

The legend of the Money Pit is a separate issue, but is also likely a work of fiction.

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have brought in the Knights Templar , Francis Bacon , Lost manuscripts of William Shakespear , Captain Kidd , and I may be missing a few more. Shouldn't be long before we get Bigfoot , A piece of the True Cross of Christ , perhaps King Tut could make an appearence , or if he's unavailable maybe Count Dracula . Yeah I'm bout done !

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That bit with the railroad spike really pissed me off, the natural response from everybody should have been " wow what is this relatively modern railroad tie spike doing here ?"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread