I got a quick hunt in today... Apparently, just in time...

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We are going to get slammed tomorrow in Massachusetts near the Cape and Islands. :BangHead:

I also have many of the items you have listed! :occasion14:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
49549798.jpg

Good luck.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear it. I will take a snow storm over an ice storm any day, ice can certainly do a lot more damage. Fingers crossed you don't get hit too bad.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yous guys ought to be thankful for global warming! Just imagine how bad it would be without it! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's frozen and cold here in Ohio, woke up to -10 wind chill. We are expecting a warm up for 3 or more days next week. Supposed to get low 40's maybe. I'm hoping to get another hunt in before the big freeze next weekend.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Snow? What is "snow" ? Where I am at in Central Coast California, we get a dusting of snow once every 20 years at best. It might stick overnight on rare occasions, before melting.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Snow? What is "snow" ? Where I am at in Central Coast California, we get a dusting of snow once every 20 years at best. It might stick overnight on rare occasions, before melting.
...or before the Narc Squad moves in. :laughing7:

Yep, I sure don't envy you guys who get all that horrible ice. We may have it colder than most areas with lots of wind for getting that cold where it has no business being, but that ice is some dangerous stuff!! Even in mild winters here, we have been fortunate so far to have never experienced any kind of "major" icing. It got heavy enough one year to bring a few power lines down, but geez, some areas lose ALL power, all over the place!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are talking about like a week of rain out here but I am looking on the bright side thinking it might loosen up some gold from the side walls of some rivers and make prospecting more fruitful with some of that shiny stuff.A good gully washer every once in awhile moves some boulders to expose the goodies beneath.

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This weekend, the meteorologists are predicting the apocalypse. I guess we're going to get hit with sub-zero temps along with a warm air mass that will start as snow, move to sleet, then freezing rain, potential collapses of substandard roofs, carports, and trees as 1-3 inches of ice accumulate, power-outages from downed lines, then immediately followed up with the warm air mass pushing out the cold, and a deluge of rain on top of all the accumulated snow and ice, resulting in a expected flooding of the valley's low spots.

Oh yea... But you know what?

I've got 4 months of food in the pantry, 8 days of water, and enough gas that my Yamaha generator capable of producing a sustained 3000 watts will last for 72 hours with no breaks to run the heaters, the TV and the Xbox. And if that goes south, there's propane to last another week.

My house is 2x6 construction built on a high spot. Bring it on, Mother Nature. Bring it on.

We'll probably get a spot of rain, and a few gutters will clog... our Metorologists are like Punxsutawney Phil. Flipping a coin is more accurate.

Skippy

Don't taunt Mother Nature [emoji1317]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We actually got 3" of this white stuff yesterday morning to about noon. Then we had 10 degrees here about 6:00 am. this morning. Not at all the usual for us here in Middle Tennessee.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That wasn't a very bright thing. Cars and other items can be replaced - people can't. I'm sure many of us have been in 60+ MPH winds, but I gotta admit I never tried to tangle with a flying wing in the middle of a windstorm! :laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We actually got 3" of this white stuff yesterday morning to about noon. Then we had 10 degrees here about 6:00 am. this morning. Not at all the usual for us here in Middle Tennessee.

Got an email from a friend in Central Arkansas last night - said they got about 2" there.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got hit read hard in Connecticut with a least 5 inches. I be out in April or May. Good hunting and good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread