Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent objective, I have recovered only one cache in all my days of hunting. It was recent. It consisted of a brass compact with 5 pennies. It was buried by a huge old tree in a New York City park. The pennies were 4 memorials, (62, 64, 64d, & 66), and a toasted wheat penny. What a thrill it is when you shake a case and suddenly hear what could be coins rattling inside. If you bury any treasure. Make sure the container will hold up and protect the items inside.
A great container that comes to mind is an empty prescription bottle.
Very cool idea.
20170108_212406.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
That's a cool little cache. When I was a kid my aunt lived in NY near Central Park in one of those big apartments - I found quite a few silvers in the dirt areas of courtyard with the detector. Probably people hanging out windows or just tossing them for luck. This thing I'm going to bury will blow the headphones off that's for sure.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it's 26 lbs.? I'm having trouble getting my mind around that kind of weight in that size box - what are the dimensions of the box ? One thing is certain ,that is a generous cache , and someone is going to have a very special day !

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone here a geocacher or ever find a geocache before? I do both. Double counts.

I found 2 geocaches in my time both by accident.one in hilton head sc and one in the exuma bahamas. The one in hilton head was a plastic skull in the crook of a tree.it looked real !!! I put it back where I found it. The other was a box that said buried treasure on it, and was found on a small island in the exuma chain in the bahamas. It had a bunch of nick nacks that people had left in it. I left a hat that had the name of the yacht I was working on at the time. We then put it back where I found it. My boss at the time was so impressed that she became a serious geocacher. She is one of the richest women in the world and famous in the business world.the one I found that was a skull was hollow and had a list of people that had found it with a pen. Im still not sure how it all works but I feel proud that I have found 2 without any clues or coordinates.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
It's about 10 inches across and 4 inches high...Wouldn't want to drop this sucker on my toe.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrap it in a heavy duty trash bag before you bury it so it dosent rot away.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would suggest that you break it down to several small caches. Perhaps 10 different coins with one of them being silver. I would be very happy to find one of them.
I hope to bury a few small caches before I go to the happy treasure hunting grounds in the here after.
Good luck buddy.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's amazing ! Heavy Metal for sure ! Makes me wonder how many caches I've walked over because I got a massive overload squawk on my MXT ?

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice idea. That will be a treasure hunt in itself for those close enough to look for it.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Box of old coins US button-it's buried!

The box of old coins is buried as noted in yesterday's post. Change of location because I didn't wait the 2-3 weeks to bury I am in different location. Clues - I have to give enough for you to start detecting if people are going to take the time to travel. Not off i95 it's the next major north south highway to the west of i95. You'll find it in a town famous for high school football in Georgia. 1984 is a good clue related to that prior clue. Get off exit number that would be familiar to a future hall of fame QB who just retired. Which way from exit? There is former republican congressman - his name will give you the direction. You will pass apartments on right named for famed Iowa wrestler...getting close stay left...what's that on right? A place where people are welcome to stay but don't as easily leave..turn left. You will be detecting momentarily. I WOOD look for a natural sign maybe looking like a letter toward end of alphabet combined with what I just said. Good luck. Since I didn't have button collection at this location I will mail you US button when you post and Dm me. I did include a note and some US greenbacks with massive number of coins. Go get it!

Attachments

• coinbox.JPG
    coinbox.JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
The box is buried! See new post with clues...

laurahatt214

Dec 29, 2016
Orangeburg, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How often will you be giving clues? Or is this the only set of clues?

Thank you for your time doing this!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool I wish I lived closer to get in on this treasure quest.Great clues.

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
I think someone will find it with these clues. I probably should have held off the last one for now, but too late...

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude, this is such a fun idea!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in Charlotte... I "believe" I am about 240 miles from ground zero. Dang this looks like fun!

PS: I "think" that I have this figured out. If you are near Georgia, and want to share the treasure, PM me and I'll give you my research.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread