Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needs to go back for another one, sounds like. I've never had a problem with one.

OP
OP
Lowman

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needs to go back for another one, sounds like. I've never had a problem with one.

Really guys? I can't just pop the lid off and tune that sucker down a hair? I hate to send it back and forth if I can fix it quickly... I know how to do it...is there a downside?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
If it's under any kind of warranty, opening it yourself will quickly solve that pesky warranty problem! 8-)

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had that problem either unless the sensitivity is cranked to the max.. using a Silver uMax, though!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lowman

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all I will send back! Sometimes I need to be talked off the ledge. I was sooo close to "fixing" it. I knew I could count on you guys for some help here...

Thanks,
Rob

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lowman, did you unbox and air test inside your house? Was there a difference when you tested outside? EMI in your area? I have NEVER heard of anyone else having this experience with a Compadre. :occasion14:

montcalm

Jan 31, 2015
Lévis, Quebec
Detector(s) used
Tesoro shark,Tesoro Cortes, ExcaliburII,Garett Atpro
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a Tesoro Cortes back from the company with a new coil they adjust it. The first try was going nut i put the sensitivity down and it start to be ok. Work ok since one year but i believe is having free game on gold or silver once in a while. It,s reading nickel pull tab on good target...It,s not what you expect from a machine of that range..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nickel and Pulltab are both Gold range hits, just saying. Tesoro discrimination is among the best in the industry. :skullflag:

OP
OP
Lowman

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like the coil connector may not have been inserted all the way....

Tried that! Mr. Cannon at Tesoro knew right what it was and said it was a simple adjustment. It has been sent in (coil and box only)

OP
OP
Lowman

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowman, did you unbox and air test inside your house? Was there a difference when you tested outside? EMI in your area? I have NEVER heard of anyone else having this experience with a Compadre. :occasion14:

I tested in house it would chatter every time you moved it. So I took it out side turned it on and off a couple times still same thing. It worked..(I found a nickel!!!) But it was chirping everywhere like tiny hits. I turned discrimination all the way still chirping. Decided maybe my house was too close or the telaphone lines. So I drove to the park same thing...crap I really wanted to hunt this weekend too. Had to send it back to Tesoro even though it was bad out of box from Kellyco. I paid shipping to send it back and I hope they don't charge me to ship it back to me because this has been a crappy experience so far...

Last edited:

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lowman...

Tesoro is REALLY good about service and warrentee work. I'm under the impression you bought this new from Kellyco?

Give Tesoro a chance. I can assure you they will do everything they can to make the customer happy. Once in awhile, products with a problem slip thru, or develope an issue thru the shipping process. Thats true with ANY product I beleive. Add on sensitive electronics and sometimes things happen.

I am a Tesoro fanboy no doubt..but thats because thier stuff just plain works, and if they do develope some kind of issue, Tesoro is more than reasonable about handling it.

Good luck and happy hunting.

ag

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really guys? I can't just pop the lid off and tune that sucker down a hair? I hate to send it back and forth if I can fix it quickly... I know how to do it...is there a downside?

Just be aware if you open it up you voided the warranty...

OP
OP
Lowman

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowman...

Tesoro is REALLY good about service and warrentee work. I'm under the impression you bought this new from Kellyco?

Give Tesoro a chance. I can assure you they will do everything they can to make the customer happy. Once in awhile, products with a problem slip thru, or develope an issue thru the shipping process. Thats true with ANY product I beleive. Add on sensitive electronics and sometimes things happen.

I am a Tesoro fanboy no doubt..but thats because thier stuff just plain works, and if they do develope some kind of issue, Tesoro is more than reasonable about handling it.

Good luck and happy hunting.

ag

Thanks bro. (Yes new from Kellyco...also highly rated) That's why I bought a Tesoro my research indicated they stood behind their product. I have bought 2 metal detectors in a week. I will probably buy many more over the next few years. If they provide the service they will be my first choice on my next purchases... (Going to the beach this summer I will want a "wet salty sand mod". Sand shark?)

Let's be honest though it is a weird situation to buy something bad out of box I expected to send back to Kellyco and get a new one. To have to go through a warranty process on a unit that was literally just turned on, well not the best...

OP
OP
Lowman

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be aware if you open it up you voided the warranty...

Yea didn't...If I do I will put a knob on the sensitivity and drill a hole in the face for it to pop through.. So far I just sent it back. (I think you can actually add 3 knobs for sens...ground balance and coil adjustments)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread