Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research the homesteads that were raided by the Union stationed at US FORT MYERS. Many a cache was buried during the War of Northern Aggression.
Still a lot of "old dirt" in Citrus, Levy, Marion, north Lake, western Volusia, Clay and Putnam counties.

Ecs I for one no you speak the truth im at page 51 of "swamp gold" gheeees im exhausted. I will say it has given me insight into a lot of possible dig spots. Great research man.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes AARC, I am very aware of the history of Florida and the local area where I live. Most of the local locations near me you're referring to are now designated Historical Preserves and of course they do not allow any detecting. For example.... Ft Desoto State Park, this is a amazing park with lots of history and old dirt. The problem is that they DO NOT allow any detecting anywhere other than the couple different beaches within the park. Now, that is a bummer. I do very much appreciate the feedback though Man!

They won't even let us doing beaches in State Parks where I'm at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
R

RacerX99

Greenie
Dec 31, 2016
Clearwater FL
Detector(s) used
Currently using AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great information ECS, MUCH appreciated! Cheers and HH

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always loved that site AARC the numbers he gives at least the ones ive checked are right on the dot. Definitely worth the time. I have discovered more than a few secrets from that site. RacerX99 search for the thread "swamp gold " and you will find your old dirt by reading through it. Ecs and a few others dug up a lot of that old dirt through there research. Thanks ECS for the new stuff. It really pays (literally) to figure out the people who are good researchers on this site and then read there threads and posts. Its taken me awhile but its starting to pay off with those old dirt spots. Great work from more than e few people here.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I spent a week in the Ocala area once, and ... Just appeared to be mosquito infested jungle-type terrain everywere !
Well the Creature From The Black Lagoon and the Weismuller Tarzan movies were filmed at Silver Springs and there is a cypress wetland a block from my house, so you may be right about that "jungle-type terrain" appearance from one not raised here. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread