I'm baaaaack!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
After many years of being out of the hobby (we won't get in to the reasons why), I'm coming back! Sure am glad to see this forum is still here!

My youngest son and I have been swinging the only detector I have left (BH 202) last fall, and we are determined to move up before the spring thaw. So let me pick your brains.

I absolutely LOVED my Minelab Xterra 70 back in the day... but I'm afraid funds won't quite allow that to happen right now. I have gotten a ton of recommendations on the Garrett AT Pro, and that one is closer to affordability. However, I've been looking at the Garrett Ace 400 as well and I really like. Now, I haven't swung either of these machines, so I'm totally open to ideas and suggestions here.

So what say you, TNet peeps? Throw out your suggestions and ideas!

Thanks in advance... and I'm glad to be back!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Atpro is hard to beat for the price and it's water proof. Not sure if the 400 is. Even if you don't plan on water hunting it's nice if you get caught in the rain and it is easier to clean. I recently upgraded but I will always keep my Atpro. It has served me well.

HH RN

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome back. If you are used to the Minelab tones and target ID's you can find used ones that will fit within your budget. The AT Pro has a huge following. I am a Fisher guy so I would ask you to look at the F75. Since they reduced the price to $599 earlier this year it is now priced similarly to the AT Pro whereas in the past it was priced a couple hundred higher. There are many posts regarding both detectors in the brands forums. I also recommend you watch some videos of the detectors that interest you.

Good Luck in which ever you choose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread