Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN2797.JPG DSCN2798.JPG DSCN2803.JPG DSCN2816.JPG

I am out in Wickenburg, AZ staying with old friends and leaned a new term yesterday. Trigger trash!! trash left behind by slovenly shooters. We went out exploring around up the San Bernardino Wash near Morristown, AZ in my buddy's trail machine and came across this spot where people camp on BLM land there, and saw this pile of trash left behind by shooters. There are shell casings all over the desert in many areas, but I hate to see people leaving messes like this in a place that is so naturally beautiful. Pics of the trash, my buddy's vehicle and just a shot of a desert hill. Many abandoned gold mines and current claims out in this gorgeous part of the country where you can roam the desert hills and washes for miles and miles. We loaded up the trash and took it home to a trash can where it belonged.

Last edited:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at your pics, you picked up after someone doing some skeet shooting as the larger boxes are from the clay pigeons and the smaller are from the shot shells. Sloppy for sure and least they could have done is pack it in. The orange clays are broken up all over the area too. Glad someone was responsible to pick them up and put them where they belonged, Thanks! Beautiful scenery out there!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Good man, Gunsil!! :notworthy:

I'm not much for "desert scenery" as I'm partial to being in and/or near forests, but I hate it when people trash a place, regardless of where it is! Kudos to you, sir.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for doing the right thing!

Hopefully karma will pay you back shortly.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you for picking it up. Those bozos were there for a while to create a trash pile that big. Would be fun some time to catch someone doing that and epoxy the trash to the windshield of their car!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious here, but does anyone know of shooting clays ever break down?? :dontknow:

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at your pics, you picked up after someone doing some skeet shooting as the larger boxes are from the clay pigeons and the smaller are from the shot shells. Sloppy for sure and least they could have done is pack it in. The orange clays are broken up all over the area too. Glad someone was responsible to pick them up and put them where they belonged, Thanks! Beautiful scenery out there!

Actually they were very well armed, there were boxes for several hundred rounds of .223, .40, and a brick of .22. You're right, orange skeet fragments all over, and although they put most of the shot shells in the skeet boxes, there were many empty .223, .40, and .22 casings all over the ground. Many spots out there had empty shell casings lying on the ground. We did a little target shooting too at another spot but picked up and took out all our casings.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just curious here, but does anyone know of shooting clays ever break down?? :dontknow:

You can get some that are purpose biodegradable in under a year. Well hit regular clays are dust. But a whole or large part will last years. Probably decades in the desert.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread