10 most popular myths about Russia and Russians

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
The devil is in the details... Do research for yourself.

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2016/russia

[h=3]Civil Liberties: 15 / 60 (−1)[/h]D. Freedom of Expression and Belief: 3 / 16 (−1)
Although the constitution provides for freedom of speech, vague laws on extremism grant the authorities great discretion to crack down on any speech, organization, or activity that lacks official support. The government controls, directly or through state-owned companies and friendly business magnates, all of the national television networks and many radio and print outlets, as well as most of the media advertising market. These media effectively serve as vehicles for Kremlin propaganda, which vociferously backs Putin’s actions in Ukraine and Syria and denounces foreign and domestic opponents. TV Dozhd (Rain), the only politically independent television station, was dropped by multiple cable and satellite providers in early 2014 after angering officials with its reporting, though it survived on the internet with the help of viewer subscription fees. A wave of legal and regulatory inspections at the end of 2015 exerted further pressure on the broadcaster.

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The devil is in the details... Do research for yourself.

https://freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2016/russia

[h=3]Civil Liberties: 15 / 60 (−1)[/h]D. Freedom of Expression and Belief: 3 / 16 (−1)
Although the constitution provides for freedom of speech, vague laws on extremism grant the authorities great discretion to crack down on any speech, organization, or activity that lacks official support. The government controls, directly or through state-owned companies and friendly business magnates, all of the national television networks and many radio and print outlets, as well as most of the media advertising market. These media effectively serve as vehicles for Kremlin propaganda, which vociferously backs Putin’s actions in Ukraine and Syria and denounces foreign and domestic opponents. TV Dozhd (Rain), the only politically independent television station, was dropped by multiple cable and satellite providers in early 2014 after angering officials with its reporting, though it survived on the internet with the help of viewer subscription fees. A wave of legal and regulatory inspections at the end of 2015 exerted further pressure on the broadcaster.

Believe freedom of speech in Russia today is the most open in the world, no one who is not trying to close the mouth. Come foreign media make the transfer take interview and conduct personal investigation in Russia and Ukraine, we show the transmitting and in America and Europe they are not allowed on the air! But others show quite often make the gluing of different texts, I do not show you the truth, even the Russian news channel you are banned!
You do not show as Ukrainian soldiers deliberately killing civilians, children, women and old people in Donetsk and Lugansk!?
And blame it on Russia, the OSCE is already in shock from the events, but they also are not allowed to speak the truth!
Well, not so nasamom fact, as you say, perhaps 1.5 million refugees from Ukraine fled to the aggressor?
95% of Crimean citizens voluntarily voted for the connects to Russia, it's all according to all international documents and standards!
Russian troops stationed in Sevastopol for two centuries, did not only allow the bloodshed to the already approaching forces of Ukraine, it is your occupation!?
Come to Crimea and ask whether they are happy they got back to Russia!
And generally to read and to do any conclusions it is necessary first to study the history of Russia!
I watch all the news, not only Russian but also European, American.. and make your conclusions!

The fact that Russia really banned is the propaganda of extremism and terrorism, propaganda of nontraditional sexual orientation, and everything else is open! And the education and traditions we have in Russia is such that our people can bear to look at sexual minorities, well, not like this at us!!! He who does not forbid to do what they want, just don't cry about it on every corner! I think the normal citizens of the West, that's not very nice!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With regards of the Syrian conflict, where the fight against terrorism, and it concerns the whole world, you do not forget about September 11th? That's what Russia is trying to destroy terrorism in Syria! American former administration also said it will take part in this, but in the place of execution on its promises has supplied weapons to terrorists in Syria, it is your right!? And terrorism threatens the entire world, no matter what nationality, religion and skin color, they're in Syria to their own citizens, cut off the head, and threatening to do it with the whole world, you want it!?

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now all the world is saying that President trump, delivered to your post policy Russia. You, it is not funny to listen to? Personally, I'm more nonsense and lies I ever heard. I really don't like the policy and what would make their own conclusions I'm trying to watch the news around the world! But the one I want to tell you I'm 100% sure people of Russia and their political views are not such as this want to show in other countries! Peace to your home!

I propose to stop about politics, not to talk!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now all the world is saying that President trump, delivered to your post policy Russia. You, it is not funny to listen to? Personally, I'm more nonsense and lies I ever heard. I really don't like the policy and what would make their own conclusions I'm trying to watch the news around the world! But the one I want to tell you I'm 100% sure people of Russia and their political views are not such as this want to show in other countries! Peace to your home!

I propose to stop about politics, not to talk!

Che my Friend !

Freedom of Speech is not open on TreasureNet.
at least when it comes to Politics :laughing7:

so I also
propose to stop about politics :notworthy:

If you wish to Discuss Our Politics and yours

a Charter \Membership is Necessary: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/payments.php

and Discussion Can be in Here.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/political-discussion/

as For Trump & his opinion Of Russia, I don't know for Sure.
But he sounds Open Minded.

Unfortunately our Main stream Media is Filled with Liars, Spreading Hate , & Paranoia fed Lies at the Moment :(
it's Very Sad. but hopefully within the next Few weeks things will Improve between Our Countries.

Again. to all Reading this.
Sorry ! But No Politics Please :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Che my Friend !

Freedom of Speech is not open on TreasureNet.
at least when it comes to Politics :laughing7:

so I also
propose to stop about politics :notworthy:

If you wish to Discuss Our Politics and yours

a Charter \Membership is Necessary: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/payments.php

and Discussion Can be in Here.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/political-discussion/

as For Trump & his opinion Of Russia, I don't know for Sure.
But he sounds Open Minded.

Unfortunately our Main stream Media is Filled with Liars, Spreading Hate , & Paranoia fed Lies at the Moment :(
it's Very Sad. but hopefully within the next Few weeks things will Improve between Our Countries.

Again. to all Reading this.
Sorry ! But No Politics Please :icon_thumright:

I apologize for the fact that I had to write about it! I your colleague only on the Russian site diggers and don't like it when they talk about politics!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8. The myth of the worst roads in the world. Yes, the road is our problem. But not only ours. As shows a rating of the cost of roads, broken roads inherited all the countries of the former Soviet Union. Of course, not proud of this, but today the state of Russian roads is still better than in many Bliznak countries.
Well I have ridden a motorcycle through all 48 of the lower 48 states. I try to take the Scenic Routes whenever I take long rides. I have had some incredible rides with well maintained roads. The roughest roads are always in the biggest cities, or perhaps certain sections of heavily travelled Interstates. When riding cross country, I try to avoid the Interstate highways.
Who wants to look at blacktop and the back of trucks all day?
New York County, (Manhattan ), has the absolute worst roads anywhere in the United States. Con Edison, supplies steam to many of the buildings in Manhattan below 96th Street. The steam is a
by-product of making electricity. Instead of just allowing the steam to escape and dissipate into the atmosphere. It is piped into an elaborate system that runs under the streets. The steam is then delivered to most of the skyscrapers and large residential complexes. The owners of these properties are charged for the steam that they use for heat and hot water. This option allows the owners to escape the cost of heating oil or gas and eliminates the need for a boiler room.
Steam causes underground movement due to expansion and contraction. That causes the concrete and asphalt pavement to crack.
Now add the everyday traffic of trucks, busses, and heavy construction equipment, along with the freezing temperatures during the northeast winters.
There is a dedicated Department of Traffic Team that is charged with the daily repair of potholes. It is an overwhelming assignment. Especially since the streets are constantly opened and closed for repairs to sewer, water, gas, electric, subway modifications, and numerous private companies like cable and phone service.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I have ridden a motorcycle through all 48 of the lower 48 states. I try to take the Scenic Routes whenever I take long rides. I have had some incredible rides with well maintained roads. The roughest roads are always in the biggest cities, or perhaps certain sections of heavily travelled Interstates. When riding cross country, I try to avoid the Interstate highways.
Who wants to look at blacktop and the back of trucks all day?
New York County, (Manhattan ), has the absolute worst roads anywhere in the United States. Con Edison, supplies steam to many of the buildings in Manhattan below 96th Street. The steam is a
by-product of making electricity. Instead of just allowing the steam to escape and dissipate into the atmosphere. It is piped into an elaborate system that runs under the streets. Steam causes underground movement due to expansion and contraction. That causes the concrete and asphalt pavement to crack.
Now add the everyday traffic of trucks, busses, and heavy construction equipment.
There is a dedicated Department of Traffic Team that is charged with the daily repair of potholes. It is an overwhelming assignment. Especially since the streets are constantly opened and closed for repairs to sewer, water, gas, electric, subway modifications, and numerous private companies like cable and phone service.

Not sure if you have even been to the metro Detroit area, but we have the distinction of having the worse roads in the country I believe.
I have had many people in from out of state, including east, who were just aghast about the condition of the roads here. Main factors are a continuous cycle of road salt and some of the heaviest truck traffic in the world. Especially this time of year there are tire eating potholes all over the place, sometimes forming overnight on previously safe stretches of road.
They throw crews on them to patch them up here and there, patches come out in short order.

State wide though, there are states in worse shape than MI I'm sure, where outside of Detroit the roads are generally great.

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes all the same everywhere, maybe somewhere better, somewhere worse, it's not an indicator of quality. To dilute is not a lot the theme from the sad posts will show you not many of my photos, (of course You can type in Google or Yandex ( красоты земли русской фото ) but I saw it with my own eyes.

2013-08-18 12.12.03.jpg 03082013705.jpg 20052012259.jpg 23102013807.jpg 23102013808.jpg DSC_9547.JPG DSC_9548.JPG DSC_9574.JPG DSC_9893.JPG IMG_6596.JPG IMG_6605.JPG IMG_6617.JPG IMG_6686.JPG IMG_7011.JPG IMG_7014.JPG IMG_7019.JPG IMG_7128.JPG SDC10407.JPG SDC10409.JPG SDC10411.JPG SDC10412.JPG SDC10417.JPG SDC10442.JPG SDC10472.JPG SDC10478.JPG SDC10505.JPG SDC10513.JPG SDC10614.JPG SDC10615.JPG SDC10616.JPG SDC10621.JPG

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if you have even been to the metro Detroit area, but we have the distinction of having the worse roads in the country I believe.
I have had many people in from out of state, including east, who were just aghast about the condition of the roads here. Main factors are a continuous cycle of road salt and some of the heaviest truck traffic in the world. Especially this time of year there are tire eating potholes all over the place, sometimes forming overnight on previously safe stretches of road.
They throw crews on them to patch them up here and there, patches come out in short order.

State wide though, there are states in worse shape than MI I'm sure, where outside of Detroit the roads are generally great.
Guys do not swear and do not argue! Everywhere is good where we are not! In the world there are places that we should thank God that there are no roads! Because if they had a place there, it would not be there for such a beauty!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yea we have the Highest Gas taxes in the Country.
They keep Raising it to repair our roads & Bridges :unhappysmiley:
But instead it goes for Raises

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome Pics & View Che :hello2:

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea we have the Highest Gas taxes in the Country.
They keep Raising it to repair our roads & Bridges :unhappysmiley:
But instead it goes for Raises
And imagine how it is in Russia, we worldwide supply of oil for a penny, and Russian people also pay very high for every 0.3 miles surveillance cameras which come with fines, I'm a very careful car driver, but at$ 1000 a year to pay for their violations! And how many now in America is a liter of gasoline 92 to 95 octane? we have 1 liter (1000ml) 75 cents

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not one Russian man will refuse from this dish! I heard that in America, the crayfish does not eat does not, in any form, is that true?
фотки 476.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And imagine how it is in Russia, we worldwide supply of oil for a penny, and Russian people also pay very high for every 0.3 miles surveillance cameras which come with fines, I'm a very careful car driver, but at$ 1000 a year to pay for their violations! And how many now in America is a liter of gasoline 92 to 95 octane? we have 1 liter (1000ml) 75 cents

My Gas right now is $2.68 per Gallon.

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggers of the American States, I would very much like to look photos of nature when you dig, please, show me these photos of nature of America which you commit, please throw a photo in this topic!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread