hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1405559&d=1485111777&thumb=1

Your photograph number 24 is amazing. It has everything a great photo needs. History, loss, and content. Be proud of it.

And I eat crawfish. Having lived in the State of Louisiana for a time crayfish/crawfish are often on the menu. Used in etouffee ( My favorite ), Creole dishes and many others. Called Crawfish, Crayfish, Mud Bugs and others. If you prefer them plain cooked they say "Pinch tail, suck head"
To answer your question do we eat them, yes, some of us sure do.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck. We even eat crayfish in New York. Louisiana style. ;-)

boiled-crfawfish-541x360.jpg

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck. We even eat crayfish in New York. Louisiana style. ;-)

super, looks very appetizing!
I cook them for another 1 hour swim in cold cow's milk, then washed in clean running water and cook in salty water with garlic, dill seed, Chile pepper, Laurel leaves.

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your photograph number 24 is amazing. It has everything a great photo needs. History, loss, and content. Be proud of it.
Unfortunately, in our country is such a home where life remains in the photo - it is not uncommon! People die, relatives are so far away, home is not needed. Many such frames, paintings from photos taken by the hunters for treasures and donate them to local museums. There are cases when some big the village is a living person, but there are no roads and civilization, and if the latter man dies, it can detect only a month and even much longer time. So died my friend's grandfather, we found him in the spring when they came to dig in his village, and there he had lain for several months. Now this village is dead too.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately, in our country is such a home where life remains in the photo - it is not uncommon! People die, relatives are so far away, home is not needed. Many such frames, paintings from photos taken by the hunters for treasures and donate them to local museums. There are cases when some big the village is a living person, but there are no roads and civilization, and if the latter man dies, it can detect only a month and even much longer time. So died my friend's grandfather, we found him in the spring when they came to dig in his village, and there he had lain for several months. Now this village is dead too.

I believe these things should not be lost to history but should be documented through writings, photos, paintings so not to be forgotten. Some day nature will reclaim all of this and if we also forget, nothing will be learned.
As it is, Man seems to need to learn the same lessons over and over.
Great photo.
We have deserted towns also. Small farms lost to big agriculture, mining towns lost when the mines ran out, towns lost when industry left. Usually all that's left are empty buildings but sometimes a bit of the past can be found like your photo. The picture connects the empty building with what is human.

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe these things should not be lost to history but should be documented through writings, photos, paintings so not to be forgotten. Some day nature will reclaim all of this and if we also forget, nothing will be learned.
As it is, Man seems to need to learn the same lessons over and over.
Great photo.
We have deserted towns also. Small farms lost to big agriculture, mining towns lost when the mines ran out, towns lost when industry left. Usually all that's left are empty buildings but sometimes a bit of the past can be found like your photo. The picture connects the empty building with what is human.

I agree with you on this, you need to try to preserve as much history, old photos and information. That's just not everything depends on us, and to store in the shed tons of documents it is difficult, something sent to the sites on the Internet, but the sites are also not eternal and all not information want to take. In Russia yet there is no available data archive where everything can be saved in digital format! In the world of the Internet I personally do not know such resources of information where you can store photos and description of eternity..

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Этот фильм смеется над политикой СССР, но этот же фильм показывает отношение русского народа к происходящему в те времена!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Этот фильм смеется над политикой СССР, но этот же фильм показывает отношение русского народа к происходящему в те времена!

video no longer available ?

OP
OP
Che Guevara

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
video no longer available ?
Yeah, I don't know why, but removed from YouTube
There should be a book on the Internet in English - Mikhail Bulgakov heart of a Dog

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK everyone, PLEASE, in every state and country we ALL have the good, bad, and ugly in both history and politics. This Forum should be our escape from all that. We can all overdose on politics etc. on any news channel, and every news channel never talks about metal detecting? That is what we ALL come HERE for, the one thing we all, no matter where or what we come from, have in common, and that is the love/obsession of metal detecting itself. Metal Detecting over politics, again, no matter who, what, or where. Any good finds, tips or technique's lately?

SuchMuch

Jan 7, 2017
St.Petersburg
Detector(s) used
AKA Sorex Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OK everyone, PLEASE, in every state and country we ALL have the good, bad, and ugly in both history and politics. This Forum should be our escape from all that. We can all overdose on politics etc. on any news channel, and every news channel never talks about metal detecting? That is what we ALL come HERE for, the one thing we all, no matter where or what we come from, have in common, and that is the love/obsession of metal detecting itself. Metal Detecting over politics, again, no matter who, what, or where. Any good finds, tips or technique's lately?

That's good! I do think metal detecting should be kept away from politics, sports, religion... whatever! We all different and have our own points of view. So, let it be :)

Last time I started to talk with about politics, WW2 on a metal detecting meeting and it ended almost with a ... fight. The reason was vodka, people's stupidity (Lol) and me not being afraid to share my own opinion (such a Hero. Lol)

Latest news is we are waiting for 2 frequencies at once machine that penetrates ground abnormally deep

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread