Bonanza of Coins. Might be 1969 all Over Again.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can you imagine the amount of silver that was collected from here in 1969? UNBELIEVABLE. And to think it might happen again.

When engineers shut down Niagara Falls' water flow and found surprisingly few corpses

Stay tuned for further developments. If they shut down the falls whoever is close will exceed thousands of dollars in clad and probably some silver and gold if they move rocks.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's interesting. Never knew that had been done, especially for that long! Yes, would be great to be one of the folks that gets out there and picks up some goodies!! Thanks for the link SD. :occasion14:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Scuba, yes I have heard that Niagara Falls is sort of like a wishing well for tourists standing there with coins to toss off the viewing platforms. I read an account of a scuba diver who tried to scuba to the base of the active falls. But the turbulence and currents were too strong so he gave up.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Scuba, yes I have heard that Niagara Falls is sort of like a wishing well for tourists standing there with coins to toss off the viewing platforms. I read an account of a scuba diver who tried to scuba to the base of the active falls. But the turbulence and currents were too strong so he gave up.

Yes, I thought of jumping off the Maid of the Mist in scuba gear!! LOL that is until you are on it and see the power of the current and water! But if that was shut down, diving the base in a pool would be a dream come true. Would probably need 5 gallon buckets to hold the silver, clad and gold. Just moving any rock would probably get you coins after coins.

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
I happened to be there during this time! I was 11 years old on a family vacation. I was fascinated with geology so this was a real treat for me. I remember a tour guide at the time saying that workers collected buckets of coins from the base of the falls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions