Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The definition of the Global getting warmer is the globe getting warmer. I couldn't care less if it's a naturally occuring event that we've simply hastened along or not.

The temperature of the earth is warming at twice the rate it was 50 years ago. While SOME of the rate may be explained as a natural cycle, ALL of it cannot be explained away. The only model that does is one that includes the increase of greenhouse gasses emitted by us... the humans on the planet. So.. that bears looking into. Now, whether or not that is going to matter in the long run... Beats me! But I'm not going to sit back and suggest the planet's temps are flat, simply because there have been idiots in the field of science.

I couldn't care less what a bunch of pundits on TV argue about at a micro level. Temperatures swing. They have in my own location. We're experiencing the coldest winter on record in 30 years. Does this mean that somehow the mean temperature of the PLANET has somehow stopped climbing? Nope. I also couldn't care less about whether or not folks are out crying Doom and Gloom. I have no reason to believe humans aren't going to figure out how to survive and keep using resources.

I also won't disagree that Scientists and their purported "conclusions" aren't complete bunk from time to time. Heck... the 1950's encyclopedia I had as a kid noted one of the common reasons wooden piers would get destroyed in the ocean was probably from sawfish. No joke. they even had a picture drawing of one sawing away at a pier. Scientists can be "oh so stupid" in their conclusions. Everything from Ozone layer, to Freon destroying it (Uh... Freon is HEAVIER than air... how's it get up there? Oh, wait... DuPont's patent on it ran out, so they needed a switch to R34a.... Gotcha! *wink* OZONE DEPLETION!)

You're talking to a born skeptic, my friend... but the hard data says temperatures are climbing. The hard data also says we can't pin down why... is it a natural cycle hastened by man or not? I DON'T CARE.

Is it Cows passing gas? Is it too many cars on the roads? Is it chicken farming? BEATS ME!

So... You can either BELIEVE the temperature of the earth is climbing at an unprecedented rate, regardless of causation, or you can DISMISS IT. But don't come squaking at me telling me to ignore it all because Scientists have said stupid things in the past. You'll note... I have NEVER made the claim that the earth is warming only because we're causing it. You've made some assumptions there, based on your argument to me, and your not so subtle smoke-up-the-butt comment *(which was well executed and funny, btw).

I'm not listening to the Scientists. I'm simply saying, "yup, something is going on, and anyone with half-a-brain ought to be recognizing that..."

What is going on? Again... BEATS ME... but let's not pretend the global mean temps are not climbing, ok? Let's also not pretend I don't clearly see that people are trying to make gain out of this... :)

View attachment 1404264

Skippy

Yep, skippy, those fakes really are looney tunes.

I have copies of - and have read most of - the emails from "Climategate".

If fudging numbers and formulas in order to get the results you want is the right way to do things, then lying or falsifying temperature data isn't beneath them either.

Have fun giving your freedoms and money to Al and his buddy the climate engineer (actually he drove a train in India before Al Gore hired him as a "climate engineer") Rajendra Pachauri.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Yeah it’s all fake. Even t-net is fake. I’m the only one posting. Everyone and their post are generated by computes with artificial intelligence in response to my posts. I will prove it to my self because I can’t prove it to the computer. Ok computer, now that I am wise, what are you going to post next?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this on another site. Is someone's reply to someone else about a weather story on Accuweather.com.

"In the scheme of things, 2 years is absolutely nothing. Furthermore, we have plenty of data that demonstrates that world climate follows solar activity. Its the one bit of data that cant be fudged. And guess what? Global Temps are right in line with the solar cycle we are presently in."

I'm not saying that climate change isn't happening, as I know it has been changing for decades (and centuries, and eons, and...). My problem is, I just cannot believe that we can have nearly as much impact as what "the experts" are claiming. Why? For the very reason listed above. The Sun is what gives life to the Earth. It provides just enough warmth for life to flourish. However, this will not remain constant as the distance, angle, etc. are constantly changing. I read a story a couple years back saying that the Earth isn't even in a perfect orbit, stating that the orbit that the Earth is taking changes, according to measurements taken from stars that are at such a distance that any difference in their orbits would be unnoticeable here. Then, too, the Earth's core is a rolling mass of iron magma. As a thick (and VERY hot!) liquid, do you think the earth spins in perfect balance, or do we need to add a few more wheel weights to smooth her out? :laughing7: The Earth wobbles. Only, we don't feel it.

Climate change is 100% real!! I honestly have no idea just how much difference that mankind has made in the weather, but as mentioned in my prior posts, there are a LOT more causes that are never figured into the equation, and what numbers ARE figured in are often fudged, usually by means of rounding to the preferred side. Liberals will round one way while conservatives will round another. In BOTH instances, it's all for naught, as ONLY 100% accurate numbers will give a 100% accurate answer.

Now, it's time for bed! :sleepy2:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Remember this always, big corporations are not your friends. Nor do they hold your interest in heart. There motives and actions are purely monitory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions