*..Just wondering..*

B

BIG61AL

arrow head you say? just how would a arrow head detecter know the difference between an arrow head and triangler shaped rock????

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
BIG61AL said:
arrow head you say? just how would a arrow head detecter know the difference between an arrow head and triangler shaped rock????
Big61AL, never doubt the injinuity of a detector designer. ::)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
An arrow head detector ??? I haven't not heard of detector that would detect arrow heads?? That would indeed be an advance in detector technology. As far as the cost of a new detector, as far as I know, the price varies with the features that it has and what it is designed to do. I could not venture to guess an exact amount. If you look at some of the manufacturer's websites, the prices may be listed and may help. Some of the manufacturer's are Tesoro, Whites, Minelab, Garrett, and Fisher. I have not listed them in any particular order as all of them make great machines.

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
Arrow heads? sure... if they're metal. I remember someone on the beach asking me once if my metal detector found bottles. I said sure... as long as the caps are still on them. Then he asked me if it found keys. I think he was actually serious... so I looked at him, raised my eyebrows and asked "Are they metal?". I think it finally dawned on him... and he walked away.

As for the most expensive detector... it depends on what "genre" - commercial, relic, beach etc

steve

ericwt

Feb 8, 2004
Well I payed almost $4000.00 for my Minelab GPX-4000 with accessories.

But there are more expensive detectors.

I have seen high end Pulse induction units go for more.

For someone with money to burn there is always a higher price.

Never heard of a detector for rock Arrow heads.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Okay, let's give this some thought for a moment. A METAL detector will only detect metal. It will not detect paper (bills), plastic (credit cards), arrowheads (rock) nor will it detect precious stones (unless attached to a metal band).

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is one (the OKM eXp 5000) that runs $48,000.00 and gives you a downloadable 3-D/CAD style display, with GPS, and a real-time resolution to 80 feet (their claim) using the video eyeglasses. That one should do everything from calling angleworms to cleaning, grading and preserving the coins for that price.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/okm/exp5000.htm

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Farmercal said:
Okay, let's give this some thought for a moment. A METAL detector will only detect metal. It will not detect paper (bills), plastic (credit cards), arrowheads (rock) nor will it detect precious stones (unless attached to a metal band).

don't be so sure, I know someone on here has one that detects plastics as well. I have have also heard a little about the one charlie is talking about with a 3-d display. Now that may take it from a "metal"-detector to a solid object detector or something but hey why not? maybe it identifies shapes? you'd be hard pressed to find a triangular shaped rock as defined as an arrowhead. Metal detector is going to become a generalized term, like cannon, or kleenex, or q-tip. Wish I had 48,000 to spend on anything let alone a metal detector.

Just my thoughts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions