Information on the Green Cabin Wreck

CobFounded

Jan 18, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
I am new to the Treasure thing. My family and I have been vacationing at Disney Vero Beach for about 5 years. I have taken an interest in all the history in the area. I never realized that the tavern at the resort was named for the San Martin, Green Cabin wreck.
There seems to be no sign of the actual cabin. I believe it is south of the resort, maybe where the Sea Oaks is? I have some cobs from the wreck, I cheated and purchased from Sedwick's. I also found an encrusted cookie in that area, but have been advised not to clean, that it would probably turn to mush if I did. The weight is about 11 grams.

Also another question, does anyone know where exactly the 1715 tri centennial find was in 2015? The only info I could find from news report was it was in Wabasso Inlet area. Would that be north of the Disney resort? There is a public beach that abuts just north of the resort that's in Wabasso I believe.

I am trying to complete a scrapbook and it would be nice to get some pictures of the actual spots. If anyone knows of any on shore points of reference for either, I would appreciate hearing. We will be returning to Vero in March. Thanks for any help and info .

Rick

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Welcome to TN!

Meander over to the Shipwrecks section and poke around a little. Use the excellent TN search feature and do a little research first - then ask if you can't find what you are looking for.

You might also check the "Treasure in the News" sub-forum for the time period in which you are interested.

You'll find most of the folks here friendly and helpful. Best way to get off to a good start is to do a little background work yourself first -

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread