SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In order to post on the Classifieds you need to be a Charter Member. Costs something like $25 a year but well worth it if you are trying to set up a trade. You might want to consider a PI machine like a Sand Shark. no discrimination, so you have to dig everything, but not real expensive either. There are salt water machines like the Excalibur that have discrimination, but they are pricey.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sideway, your required to be a charter Member to sell here....

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Moderators, a little off the subject. But since I joined I thought the price for a Charter Membership was low. What if you had a minimum of 20.00 but let people that enjoy this site give more if they want to? I gave 70.00 to another site I belong to. Just a thought

OP
OP
S

sidewayzgtjb

Greenie
Feb 25, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my previous posts were erased for some reason (I had a couple hundred)? I'm not selling, I am trading but that is irrelevant in this situation. Why should I have to pay $20 to use the classified section once and not guaranteed any results? What does the $20 get me (membership pin, shirt, hat)? What does this site have that other treasure hunting sites (with free classified) have? I am ok with the money but what do I get out of it?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of my previous posts were erased for some reason (I had a couple hundred)? I'm not selling, I am trading but that is irrelevant in this situation. Why should I have to pay $20 to use the classified section once and not guaranteed any results? What does the $20 get me (membership pin, shirt, hat)? What does this site have that other treasure hunting sites (with free classified) have? I am ok with the money but what do I get out of it?

? You had a couple hundred Posts ?

Was it under this Name ?

I'm not trying to be rude, But this doesn't make sense that all your Posts Should have Disappeared

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
A I'm not selling, I am trading but that is irrelevant in this situation. Why should I have to pay $20 to use the classified section once and not guaranteed any results?

You are quite able to post on Craigsist for free.

Is there some specific reason that the owners/moderators should change the way they do business here to cater to one persons requests?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's make this easy....
Click on Charter Members, up on top, then click on upgrade.... you will see what Charter Membership has to offer....
After that, up to you.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is members choice to be charter member, we require member be charter member to sell and have since before you joined

Charter Members can sell, have access to couple more forums and the monthy charter member kellyco drawing give away, last month it was $200 gift card to kellyco, but considering your attitude not sure it is enough advantages for you.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Last edited:

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JMO
After reading this thread, I think I am going to talk to my wife and we will probably become a member as well. You are so right. Everything takes money to operate anything, i could careless if they are getting rich either, because of this sight, I am getting rich with valuable information that I might not be able to find anywhere. A book about this hobby would probably cost this much with only a 1/1000% of information.
I so tired of hearing people always wanting something for nothing.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skippy, best of luck to you in selling your items. I also, not a charter member. I am on a fix income, but, enjoy exchanging comments and ideas with other fine members. Good hunting and good luck.

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just signed up for the membership, how long does it take to go into effect?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We just signed up for the membership, how long does it take to go into effect?

Just a Couple Minutes, However there is a Glitch Right Now

you are the 3rd one this weekend that Has not Been Switched over to Charter.

PM me your Confirmation Number & the Email address you used to Sign Up & I'll put you
on the Growing List for Administration when they Pop In tomorrow

high&dry

Mar 8, 2014
SWFL
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feeling guilty right now for not doing the same! The wealth of information (literally) on this site from like-minded people across the world is priceless. It makes the learning curve on many things so much faster. I am a member of several unrelated sites, and their dues are much higher! Thank you Tnet!!

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have always done everything together from day one, She likes, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Football, she is a girly girl, but when it comes to work and outdoors, she will get down in the dirt and mud just like any man. I could not ask for a better wife. She will go along with anything I want to do, and vice-versa. She doesn't even spend much money either, and usually ask if I mind if she does want something. The only thing she ask of me is to take my shoes off at the door. Cant no treasure find be better than the treasure I have found in her. :goldpan:

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feeling guilty right now for not doing the same! The wealth of information (literally) on this site from like-minded people across the world is priceless. It makes the learning curve on many things so much faster. I am a member of several unrelated sites, and their dues are much higher! Thank you Tnet!!

It's never to late to do the right thing. lol

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skippy, best of luck to you in selling your items. I also, not a charter member. I am on a fix income, but, enjoy exchanging comments and ideas with other fine members. Good hunting and good luck.

I too am on a fix income, military income at that. lol At the same time my wife works and that helps out tremulously. If someone cant afford it, then so be it. I can afford it so I do to help out the forum, you may not be able to pay for the up-grade, but your info is more valuable and helps out. without peoples knowledge, there would be no sight either. everything comes out even in the end. Again, JMO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread