Time to take a break from TNET and possibly bow out for good!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey TNET Friends and Foes as well,

It has been a good run but I believe it is time for me to take a break from TNET and possibly bow out for good! I have tried my honest best to help those with questions and problems, try to give good advice when needed & asked for and support the members & their' finds as much as possible. I will admit that I have made some mistakes in assessments of items and especially some coins and am sorry but I have also been bashed and berated for telling it like it is or having a different opinion or take on an item. The many hours of research in trying to help others, many hours and posts of trying to defend what I write on top of dealing with supporting seven others in my' household and the financial difficulties of paying all of the bills on a fixed income and what little I make driving for a Ford Dealership, has stressed me to the point that I can no longer deal with it. I live in constant pain from a Spinal Injury I suffered in AIT (Advanced Individual Training) in the U.S. Army in 1973 and Spinal Disc Surgery in 1997 which takes a toll on my' mental and physical state on a daily basis. All of these are not good for my' heart problems for which I take medication. I believe it is time to tone things down and try to deal with my own mental, physical and financial problems and try to avoid the stress of dealing with some folks on TNET. I will likely check in from time to time but as of now, I am going to take a break and assess whether I should ever post on TNET in the future. I thank everyone that has supported me, given likes to my' posts and have been great friends to me over the past three and a half years I have been a member! It is my hopes and wishes that I helped many others in some way and gave some a chuckle from time to time! If you ever have a question, need help or advice and want to seek me out, don't hesitate to PM me or email me at [email protected] and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, take care and may God bless you all!

Frank

Last edited:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Selling that CTX by any chance?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry to hear this Frank. You sure gave me great advice back several years ago. We would unanimously vote for your return. You do have friends here.

Above all, keep the faith and trust in goodness.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to see ya' go, but fully understand it as well. There have (and will be) times when I've just wanted to throw in the towel and be done with it. My position healthwise is much like yours - a constant and often losing battle. Hopefully things will get better here after I get my shop up and running. Take care and God speed, my friend!! Visit often! :notworthy: :occasion14:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You for your service ! I hope things take a turn for the better , take some time away (I would have to lurk some ) Blessings !

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Your inputs and insights were/are always a welcome read. We hope your surgery and pain issues subside! And no one "bashed" your views (to the way I saw it). No more so than you "bashed" theirs for taking a contrary view on an md'ing related subject. Trust us: you are well respected and had good inputs here ! Get well soon.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Health, mental and physical, come first. I had to learn that the hard way. Take time off for YOU. Get better my friend. God Bless you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Life can be a royal pita as I'm in the same boat as you and I guess kcm is in. Do what you feel is best for you and take care.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the best frank - one of the most supportive members I ever met

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank,as far as I can remember , you have always been an exemplary member here at
TreasureNet. And are welcome here any time & always.
I understand the Heart thing, Having it myself.
When I first started Moderating here I used to get stress Chest pain every time I had to
deal with someone in a Less then cordial manner :unhappysmiley: .
Now I just think

"Serenity Now"
laughing7.gif

index.jpg

Well not Really But ... Be Good !

Stop Back Often Friend :coffee2:

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think one the most valuable abilities we can have is to recognize when we need to remove ourselves from a situation for our own well-being. Not everyone seems to be able to do that. It's unfortunate that even in a forum about treasure you will have antagonistic, annoying personalities who want to argue, fight and belittle others. I see it here all too frequently too. Nothing you can do about their personality traits or the emotional/mental problems behind them, so taking a break is the wisest thing you can do. I hope it's not permanent.
Take care of yourself.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a hobby. Whether out hunting, reading about it or responding to others posts, if it reaches the point where it isn't fun, relaxing or exciting, it's time to back off at least for a while. Good luck to you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank,as far as I can remember , you have always been an exemplary member here at
TreasureNet. And are welcome here any time & always.
I understand the Heart thing, Having it myself.
When I first started Moderating here I used to get stress Chest pain every time I had to
deal with someone in a Less then cordial manner :unhappysmiley: .
Now I just think

"Serenity Now" :laughing7:
View attachment 1404537

Well not Really But ... Be Good !

Stop Back Often Friend :coffee2:

i agree with Jeff, good luck and check in and let us know how your doing from time to time...

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's interesting.

I'm very new here, and new to treasure hunting (metal detecting actually), and I've been lurking on different forums to get a feel for them, and whether or not I think they'll be beneficial. Going through many threads here, in different sub-forums, I found the overall atmosphere to be a bit argumentative. Almost every thread I would go through, eventually there would be an argument or derogatory remarks about a previous poster's comment. I was a bit surprised, but having been active on many forums (boating, fishing, photography, and others), I know that there are always going to be people that lack certain skills to get their point(s) across without sounding like a child. IMO, it comes with the forum territory.

In my one and only thread here, it went downhill fairly quickly, with huntsman53 bearing the brunt of the negativity. It's fine if you disagree with someone or their opinion, but it's how the disagreement is voiced that makes the difference between a mature debate, or a childish spat.

I have also been on the receiving end of the not so nice responses, and over the years I've learned how to just roll my eyes and I just figure that that person just didn't get hugged enough as a child, and I move on.

Frank, I hope your departure is only temporary, as it certainly seems that TN needs level-headed folks that can provide other members with sound advise, even if it's not agreed with by the masses. If not, thanks for what you have done here, as I'm sure I'll glean much knowledge from what you have posted through the years as I go back into the archives. Peace!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's interesting.

I'm very new here, and new to treasure hunting (metal detecting actually), and I've been lurking on different forums to get a feel for them, and whether or not I think they'll be beneficial. Going through many threads here, in different sub-forums, I found the overall atmosphere to be a bit argumentative. Almost every thread I would go through, eventually there would be an argument or derogatory remarks about a previous poster's comment. I was a bit surprised, but having been active on many forums (boating, fishing, photography, and others), I know that there are always going to be people that lack certain skills to get their point(s) across without sounding like a child. IMO, it comes with the forum territory.

In my one and only thread here, it went downhill fairly quickly, with huntsman53 bearing the brunt of the negativity. It's fine if you disagree with someone or their opinion, but it's how the disagreement is voiced that makes the difference between a mature debate, or a childish spat.

I have also been on the receiving end of the not so nice responses, and over the years I've learned how to just roll my eyes and I just figure that that person just didn't get hugged enough as a child, and I move on.

Frank, I hope your departure is only temporary, as it certainly seems that TN needs level-headed folks that can provide other members with sound advise, even if it's not agreed with by the masses. If not, thanks for what you have done here, as I'm sure I'll glean much knowledge from what you have posted through the years as I go back into the archives. Peace!

We have thousands of visitors daily, your going to get some disagreements, that is what mods are for, if someone has an issue with another member the correct process is to contact a mod and let us handle it.

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are those here who contribute little except criticism and it can be stressful dealing with that when you are just trying to help. I hope you can get rejuvenated and come back better than ever!

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to lose your input. Controversy is part of human nature, there is always someone out there who will disagree with you simply for the sake of being disagreeable. Your health comes first. If you are unable to shrug those negative people off then you should distance yourself from them. Thank you for serving, I hope your health improves. Many of us on the site are at that age where we wake up hurting every morning, but hey!... at least we wake up. God bless and good luck.
HH
dts

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one will miss you here on t-net frank. I always enjoyed your input and posts.hope you will not leave for good. Please check in from time to time.i always felt you could relate to my experiences in the keys better than most from your time spent down here. Good luck in life and again please check in with us now and again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread