Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT and Garrett Seahunter mark 2. Treasure Mate pinpointerer

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Re: 4wheeler and md'ing

saw a guy on TV that made a triailer into about a 6'x6' metal detector and he towed it behind a 4 wheeler to look for meteorites in the woods. Just an idea if you have the time. I don't think it'd be that hard to make. But if you just want to swing an MD while riding to avoid walking it's probably not gonna work. You'll be on a big hunk of metal. I'm sure it would be too bumpy a ride to avoid letting the 4W interfere with your signals.

Good luck!

Jeff

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Haven't done it yet, but my neighbor and I have been recently talked about it, as we have a few sites in mind.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

If I catch you on my property with a metal detector, not having asked permission, we'll talk and I'll probably let you keep on detecting. If I catch you on my property with an ATV we'll discuss how you're going to remove it after I've pumped a couple shots into the engine and tank . . . possibly missing your knees in the process. >:(

Got no use for such things. Noisy and spoil the drainage by cutting tracks and ruts in the soil. Metal detecting is best where people have been in concentration. Not out in the fine and quiet woods and fields. For battlefields and old homesites: walk in, walk out.

I've got four local hunters who have permission to deer hunt on my land. No motorized vehicles is my only restriction.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread