Problems w/TreasureNet

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. come on, has ANYONE had this problem? Three different times, 3 different days, I HAD LOGGED IN, and made some short post, and then would make a long and thoughtful post on say a certain thread, and it took some time to do so, and when I clicked on quick reply, I'm told I need to LOG in, What?, I was. The time and thought put in on a reply was then GONE, really very frustrating, and did not bother to start all over again, Understand, I really enjoy this forum, and the first time I thought perhaps it WAS me, but the 2nd and then 3rd time? Is there a time limit or word limit involved? I don't know about?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I had that problem for a little while. I would copy the text before attempting to post it. That way I could just paste it after logging back on.

It turned out to by a very unstable internet connection that kept dropping me off line.

Run speedtest.net and see what your connection speed is, and let us know.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is going to Be Complicated to Explain.

When I have several pages open. and I'm on my Local news site & I open a Story.
And decide I want to share it Here .
If I already have a page open to here, but open an second page to post it.
Occasionally that 2nd. one will open saying I need to Log in.
However the refresh Button will correct the issue without re-logging in.

Not sure If this has anything to do with your issue.

But if your like me And usually Muti-Tasking on the Net.
And were at the Time. Blame it on that.:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also can be you took to long to post and you reply timed out. If your going to make a long post it is best to type it in word or in notepad then cut and paste.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also are you Logging in around 3am Eastern ?

Used to be 4:30 am Eastern the Server did it's Maintenance & for 20 Minutes or so
the Site would not work for me.
I suppose on certain systems it may have just done Funny things
like log you out.

Recently the Times of this Maintenance have changed to approximately 3:10 AM Eastern.

I get caught up in this Regularly :tongue3:
for some odd reason I'm always making a Post when it starts.
and everything Locks up & does Spooky Screen theatrics
till it's done. and then I need to start over.

Last edited:

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It also can be you took to long to post and you reply timed out. If your going to make a long post it is best to type it in word or in notepad then cut and paste.

There's a TIME LIMIT on replies?

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, guess I was just "venting". Really good advice fella's, I will try and approach in a different manner, if a short post, no problem, if it should be a long reply that need's a lot of thought , I'll write it down first, then when I do post a reply, it would much faster. Here we are with yet another example of why this is a really good forum, something I will call "Peer Support", I'm all better now, all calmed down.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a TIME LIMIT on replies?
like any online program there is a time limit before it times out. I have had the same issue on other forums as well, that is why I learned to write any long posts in word then cut and paste.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, guess I was just "venting". Really good advice fella's, I will try and approach in a different manner, if a short post, no problem, if it should be a long reply that need's a lot of thought , I'll write it down first, then when I do post a reply, it would much faster. Here we are with yet another example of why this is a really good forum, something I will call "Peer Support", I'm all better now, all calmed down.

You can still type it here in reply box, just remember to be sure and copy it before you hit "enter" in case it has timed out...

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanx TH!! Now I have to figure out how to CUT & PASTE... lol

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure to hit that stay logged in checkbox, otherwise it does time out really fast. *EDIT* I'm not seeing the stay logged in now, but I'm sure I've seen it...maybe it was another site.

And yes, for long posts highlight your text and copy (CTRL-C) every so often or use notepad. If you lost it press CTRL-V to get your text back. Another thing that works in the field is undo (CTRL-Z - repeat as needed), that's saved me once or twice.

*If you use a Mac its different keyboard shortcuts

Last edited:

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I use Chrome and I'd never been logged out. I logged out to check for the stay logged in back in (not there just the save) and was surfing around and after a bit noticed ads on the images...oh weird, I'm logged out! I logged in and hit the save checkbox and haven't been logged out again.

OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I tried it again but first wrote it all out, then typed it, same thing happened, need to log in, all I can do now is walk away.

Last edited:

Che Guevara

Jan 8, 2017
Moscow
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I write very slowly and I have this situation all the time, but hitting it once, before I click the send button, make a copy of the text, and if swap exit from the site after login again, just paste the copied text and no problems!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This page has instructions for deleting cookies on all the different browser types: How to delete cookies

If you are having trouble staying logged in, the first thing you must do is close all tabs except one, the main window.

Make sure that window isn't open to TreasureNet.com

Delete all cookies.

Visit TreasureNet.com

When you log in, make sure you click the 'save' or 'remember me' box when logging in.

That should fix the problem.

Be sure you have done this...

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
sprailroad are you using Explorer? The reason I ask is that I've never had a problem at home like you've described. I use Firefox at home and that's where I am on TNet mostly. Recently I discovered the website wasn't filtered at work so I could log in when I had some down time. The work computer uses Explorer and I experienced the same problem as you. I checked the "stay logged in" box whenever I'd log in. When I'd try to post I'd experience the same problem as you and whenever I logged back in I noticed it was unchecked. I also noticed I didn't have the "like" phrase appearing in each post.

It may have something to do with how your browser is set up to accept cookies. I can't point you to anything in settings on Explorer because I rarely use it at home, and haven't for several decades. I am locked out from changing certain settings at work so i don't even try! One thing I can recommend is to scroll to the top of the page before you try to post and see what it says. It should say "logged in". While that not be a big help, it may help point you in the right direction to figuring it out. GL

Last edited:

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
I logged in on my iphone three or four months ago and have not had to do so again. Could it be in settings somewhere.

ChampFerguson/TN

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2013
TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari .......... Minelab Excalibur II ....... ........Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never timed out and have a hi speed reliable connection. But last year, for about 3 months, TN would not let me log in or sign up with a new name. Tried everything I knew how to do and finally gave up and chalked it up to the hi security settings I run on my computer.
Then recently, I tried again and it was like I never left. I think the internet has a warped sense of humor and messes with us some times......

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can still type it here in reply box, just remember to be sure and copy it before you hit "enter" in case it has timed out...

I didn't read the entire thread so ignore if I'm repeating. Treasure Hunter is right... you can type a huge reply and "time out" before your done. So I've learned to copy and paste as he said before I hit the "Post Quick Reply". The key verbiage is "Quick reply".

If you use a mouse just hold the left button down and highlight your post in blue then let off. Then right click and hit copy. Then re-log in to Treasurenet. Then locate the post you were referencing, right click again and hit "paste".

I use Firefox now and I still time out all the time...?

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want to say "Thank you" to all you fella's who tried to help out with this problem. I'm what you might refer to as "Tech Challenged", so I tried the most simple, Check the Save box, IT WORKED!, I have made my reply to "Are you a Pirate or a foolish guy". You know the most valuable thing I have ever found on this Forum, are the people in it. Again Thank You. P.S., Thought I should delete this thread, or leave for awhile for others who may run into the same problem? Check the Save box after logging in, CHECK IT, It WORKED! This Did solve the problem.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread